Job title: Production Administrative Assistant, Penguin Young Readers
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Job description: Penguin Random House, the leading Publishing house globally, is on a mission to ignite a universal passion for reading by creating books for everyone. As a result of the success over the last couple of years, we’re excited to hire for a Production Administrative Assistant for our Penguin Young Readers division!
As the Assistant, you’ll provide administrative support, and will report directly, to the SVP of Production for PYR, effectively operating as her “right hand”. Working within a team of some 20 people, you’ll prepare and maintain departmental reports and coordinate with multiple departments across the globe. You’ll be introduced to teams the UK, Europe, South East Asia, mainland China and India to name a few.
This is a role where you’ll need to wear multiple hats, from showcasing your report writing skills while collaborating with global teams, building and maintaining professional relationships, managing all areas within your role virtually and supporting the team in equal measure. If you’re someone who’s organized, detail oriented and able to not only compile reports but make them easy to absorb for those who are less experienced, this is the ideal role for you!
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Acting as Assistant to the SVP for the Penguin Young Readers production department which includes professional communications with in house staff, company business units and domestic and overseas vendors
- Responsibility for departmental and inter-departmental reporting. This is inclusive of, but not limited to, general record keeping, running analytical reports and budget forecasting spreadsheets
- Maintaining the department safety and compliance database along with document creation when necessary
- Responding to sub-rights queries by providing costs, ordering files and coding invoices.
- Investigatesthe clearing of any outstanding clerical queries
- Performing general administrative tasks as requested
We’d love to see that you have:
- High level proficiency and comfort in using Microsoft Excel, Word, Teams and Outlook
- Experience in supporting a department in a virtual and hybrid working environment and ideally across varying timezones
- Strong ability to learn in house programs and systems such as SAP, MYHOUSE, CONCUR
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal as you’ll be working with global teams, where English isn’t a first language for many
- Strong organizational skills where you can not only manage your workload but identify areas for improvement and action accordingly
- An ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining excellent attention to detail
As the Administrative Assistant at PYR, not only will you have an opportunity to join a globally recognized business, in an industry that’s experienced some incredible growth, but you’ll gain huge exposure into the world of Young Readers’ books! To be considered, apply now and showcase how you’ll add to the future of PRH!
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 209816
Date: Mar 25, 2022
New York, NY, US, 10019
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 01:12:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!