Job title: Production Chemical Engineer
Company: Jost Chemical
Job description: Production Chemical Engineer
Jost Chemical is seeking ambitious, hard-working talent for the Jost Production Team!
Are you looking for a career at a fast-paced environment, where your hard work and dedication will pay off? Are you a team player, who sets goals to get the job done and would like to use your skills to grow with a great company?
Then, this position is right for you!
Production Chemical Engineer
Position: Full time
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plan Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance after 60 days.
- 3% Safe Harbor contribution to your 401k.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Employees eligible after 90 days of continuous employment.
- 9 Company Paid Holidays (72 hours) each year.
- Uniforms Provided
- Foot Protection- annual allowance for all laboratory, maintenance and production employees.
- 24-hour access to our free, on-site fitness center.
- We provide Individual development, on-the-job training, and development programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Jost Chemical is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the chemical manufacturing industry.
Production Chemical Engineer
- Works under general direction of the Plant Manager in a c-GMP regulated manufacturing environment operating under Q7A standards.
- Broad responsibility to provide process technology transfer support and technical leadership from Research and Development to all unit process operations of manufacturing.
- Maintain and monitor daily production and quality metrics
- Plan, design and test production methods for chemical manufacturing
- Provide expert engineering technical assistance to operating facilities (includes planning/ implementing investigation and analysis in problem areas or areas of significant opportunity for process improvement)
- Identify, communicate and eliminate production bottlenecks in order to maximize production capacities
- Works with and provides process engineering support to process improvement engineer department efforts including systems analysis, scope development, and evaluation of alternate technologies and methods; serves as technical specialist in the application of theories, concepts, and principles
- Develop material and energy balances, process flow diagrams, process and instrument diagrams, lead technology selection and equipment testing
- Develop engineering solutions to production and operations problems and opportunities
- Provide engineering support in planning and commissioning production related process and facilities modifications
- Develop/ modify technical guidelines, standards, and specifications in the area of specialty
- Provide training and mentoring to the chemical line operators
- Keep abreast of new methods and developments affecting operations for the purpose of recommending changes in emphasis in programs, or new programs, or new programs warranted by such developments
- Develop safety procedures for those working with chemicals
- Apply troubleshooting/problem solving to quickly respond to operational issues
- Work with Maintenance Department on scheduled repairs, preventative maintenance
- Estimate production costs for reporting
- Monitors production dashboards, trends, goals
- Compliant with safety and environmental regulations
- Anything other tasks deemed necessary by Management for the betterment of Jost operations
- BS/MS in Chemical Engineering
- Three to Five years of operations experience
- Knowledge of:
- Theories, principles, methods and procedures of chemical engineering (Advanced level)
- Mathematics and statistics (Advanced level)
- MS Office software package
- Skill in:
- Working effectively and efficiently on multiple projects at once
- Effective, disciplined and demonstrated documentation
- Working effectively in a team environment, including in-depth collaboration between development and process divisions
- Responding to rapidly changing demands
- Ability to:
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Develop creative solutions to complex process problems
- Design and manage projects
- Identify, gather, coordinate, organize and analyze data
- Exercise judgment while being insightful, logical and methodical
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Ability to develop, review, compile and verify technical data and documents
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive Attitude
Jost Chemical Co.
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 01:51:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!