Job title: Production/Operations Manager
Job description: Key Responsibilities:
The Production Manager leads and integrates the efforts of the operating teams and orchestrates the production resources across multiple shifts to ensure a quality product is safely manufactured in sanitary conditions. This role is responsible for leading, coaching and developing between 5-9 highly critical Shift Managers and Area Owners. The Production Manager is responsible for managing the area within cost goals and produces sufficient quantities to meet our customer’s demands with motivated and engaged associates. As required, act as the sole authority over all site assets and activities as needed during periods of Site Director’s absences. This role is typically a succession role to Site Director or Value Stream Manager.
Continuous improvement is a key aspect of this role. It will be accomplished through developing and maintaining an organization that demonstrates improvement by continuously driving faults lower and fostering a team based environment.
Key Skills Required:
Food Safety and Product Quality – Assure the ongoing production of safe and defect free products consistent with the principles of Mars. A proficiency of HACCP is required; this manager owns ongoing training and championing of quality goals and improvements at the area level.
Goal Setting and Measurement – Through Operations teams, establish site performance standards and goals based on site goals and strategies; measure, control, take corrective action and report results as appropriate in all areas of responsibility.
Troubleshooting – Manage/guide the technical area coverage resources for the troubleshooting and repair of process/packaging equipment problems, with the objective of effectively utilizing these resources to achieve desired performance levels.
Communications – Ensure that open communications are established and that opportunities to broaden the scope and responsibility of Operations teams/associates are undertaken. The Operations Manager is the key resource to deliver regular business performance updates.
Technology Advancement – Advise the Site Manager when opportunities exist for moving the area forward in technological change. Recommend improvements, which would result in new and improved equipment and or methods to minimize production costs and improve quality.
Area Strategy – Participate with the Site Manager and other Operations support associates in the implementation of improvement strategies that will help their Operations Section perform more effectively in the near term and the future.
Associate Development – With the support of the line Manager, evaluate exempt and non-exempt associate performance. In conjunction with associates’ career goals, create development plans to challenge their potential.
Personal Development – Keep abreast of managerial and technical competencies both within and outside Mars Petcare US.
Site Management – The incumbent of this position must be prepared to act on behalf of the Site Manager in his/her absence, i.e., protection of human and physical assets, Crisis Management, conducting Staff Meetings, address public relations issues, etc.
Critical Mars Leadership Capabilities
- Develops Talent
- Navigates Complex Challenges
- Creates Collaborative Relationships
- Delivers Consistent Results
Key Supporting Competencies
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Developing Direct Reports
- Building Effective Teams
- Problem Solving
- Decision Quality
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent, preferably in Engineering, basic sciences or business related disciplines.
- 6 years experience in a Production/business experience.
- 5 years experience in a managerial role.
- Experience Managing a site operating budgets.
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ability to convey communications clearly and concisely
- Understanding of major functions within the plant and the ability to work directly with all levels and functions.
- Successful completion of a drug and background screen
- Advanced Degree
- Demonstrated experience working in Quality
- Demonstrated experience working in Safety
- Thorough technical knowledge of process, equipment, controls and products.
- Knowledge of Food and Drug Laws, OSHA requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of human relations skills, principles and team building processes
- Minimum 3 year experience in a food production environment
- Minimum 7 years in a Production Environment
- Minimum 7 years in a supervisory or managerial role
- Project Management
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, internet software, e-mail.
- Ability to work any shift as needed
- Ability to tolerate an ambiguous environment.
Number of Direct Reports- 5-9
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Location: Rolla, MO
Job date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 04:32:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!