Job title: Program Coordinator/Executive Assistant – CSOE – San Diego
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Job description: Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University’s goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University’s training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
Under the general direction of the Dean and Program Director the Program Coordinator with Executive Assistanct responsibilities (PCEA) supports the University’s academic departments. This position provides direct support as Executive Assistant to the Dean’s Office of the California School of Education (CSOE) to ensure that school and university policy/procedure are followed and that projects/initiatives are completed. The incumbent must be able to work independently and have strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, writing, project management, and analytical skills.
The PCEA is responsible for assisting their Dean, Program Director and faculty in the ongoing program operations that maintain and enhance high standards of service to students, faculty, and staff. The PCEA will ensure open lines of communication are maintained with campus departments to proactively assist in resolving student issues while providing exceptional customer service. They will also manage sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, discretion and judgment; and must exhibit a high level of professionalism. The PCEA is a program support “generalist” position that requires a high level of interface with campus constituencies including, but not limited to, Deans, program directors, faculty academic advisors, and non-program faculty and staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to departmental committees and processes.
- Collaborates with and supports Program Directors in achieving program goals
- Assists with and coordinates departmental functions, including, but not limited to, scheduling meetings, taking meeting minutes, editing and organizing documents and materials, event planning and coordiantion, collecting, monitoring and tracking data, and completing reports.
- Assist the Program Director/Dean in ensuring adjunct’s complete time and attendance records to ensure they are accurately compensated for work performed as noted in their course contract.
- Assist with the Adjunct Faculty employment process as an informational liaison between their Program, the Senior Academic Affairs Specialist (in Provost Office) and the HR/Payroll Departments. This may include providing the information to process the adjunct contracts, contract changes and contract terminations as well as sending adjunct contracts to HR/Payroll for processing
- Process expenses as well as facilitate reimbursements and invoices from programs and direct reports.
- Initiate personnel action notification process necessary for separations, new hiring, and salary/status change for faculty and staff.
- Organize and maintain the Dean’s schedules, plan in-person meetings for administration, arrange travel for administrators, take minutes for meetings, and send messages regarding policies/procedures to ensure compliance.
- Respond to/troubleshoot issue/questions that arise from Program Directors/faculty/students, including HR related questions/issues.
- Manage and track scholarships and other awards, working with committee members and the Scholarship Governance Committee to ensure compliance and timeliness.
- Track and ensure accuracy of faculty workload agreements, completing reconciliations and acting as liaison to Provost’s office and Program Directors.
- Assist the Dean with faculty annual reviews, formatting and editing review/recommendation letters on behalf of the Dean before sending to faculty and the Provost.
- Assist Dean with school or program related secondary or primary information gathering research.
- Interface with internal and external constituencies with tact, discretion, and (when appropriate) respect for confidentiality guidelines
- Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or directed.
- Proficient computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office and have experience with student data systems, preferably CampusNexus Student (CNS). Ability to learn new technologies and software quickly.
- Strong administrative, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively and humbly with diverse individuals.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player and create and sustain a collegial, collaborative and team-oreinted environment.
- Highly-motivated, focused, and results oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines and maintain composure under high stress conditions.
- Ability to be optimistic, positive and supportive in all interactions with others.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and must be able to prioritize the required workload.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Demonstrated experience with constituent interface and problem solving in multi-cultural environments. One (1) year of professional experience in a post-secondary institution preferred; similar experience will be considered.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: None
- Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter.
Background Check Requirements:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person’s identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this . This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
City: San Diego
Postal Code: 92131
Job ID: 130391
Location: San Diego, CA
Job date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 07:21:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!