Job title: Program Coordinator
Company: Synergy Services
Job description: PRIMARY FUNCTION:
Program Coordinator will assist Service Director to plan, develop, and ensure programs and activities support organizational goals and Youth Development Outcomes. Evaluate programs on a continual basis. Supervise and support program staff and volunteers. Increase visibility of programs within the Club and the community.
Prepare Youth for Success * Assist with planning and overseeing the administration of designated Clubhouse programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes:
- Establish Clubhouse program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
Program Development and Implementation * Assist with establishing and maintaining Clubhouse program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members. Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
Supervision * Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
- Assist with proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers.
Marketing and Public Relations * Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, fliers and media releases.
1. May oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Keystone, Youth of the Year and Awards Programs), and/or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
2. May be required to drive Club van.
3. May consult with parents concerning member and branch issues.
4. May handle deposits and banking transactions.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, member’s parents and other to assist in resolving problems.
- Two year degree in related field from an accredited college or university in related field. Four year degree preferred.
- Three years work experience in a Boys or Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Valid driver license and good driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. Ability to visually monitor activities of club members. The employee is required to be able to perform CPR or first aid. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Working environment: Normal club environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida https://bgccf.hirecentric.com
Location: Paisley, FL
Job date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 07:29:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!