Job title: Quality Engineer
Job description: Quality Engineer – South Bend, IN area
We are seeking a Quality Engineer with metals manufacturing production Quality Engineer experience and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will come from a large manufacturing plant environment with experience gained in Quality Engineering, (PPAP), APQP, development and application of SPC’s and process FMEAs. The ideal candidate will have experience in metal parts production processes in large scale manufacturing plant environments.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Conduct audits of the Quality System and the manufacturing process
- Lead Quality Auditors and support quality updates and verifications
- Lead on the analysis of assembly Defect Material Reports
- Development and application Statistical Process Control; SPC to prevent and solve manufacturing and assembly process issues
- Develop and maintain Process Control Plans
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis; FMEAs
- Specify equipment, gauging, and procedures necessary to evaluate the product
- BS Engineering/Technical
- Lean manufacturing / Six Sigma certifications preferred
- 3 to 5 years manufacturing experience in the automotive industry – Tier 1 manufacturing / assembly and precision parts manufacturing environments
- Strong experience in Quality systems audits and techniques
- Strong experience with quality tools and processes of SPC and FMEAs
- TS16949 knowledge preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience with mechanical processes, tolerance, measurements and blueprints
- Manufacturing systems knowledge
- Experience with new product launches
Some relocation assistance is available.
Please submit your resume for this Quality Engineer position.
Location: South Bend, IN
Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 08:11:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!