Job title: Quality Manager
Job description: IMMI Safeguard hiring for a Quality Manager.
Purpose: To provide a clearly defined set of duties and requirements for this job.
Job Title: Quality Manager
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports To: Director of Operations
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: February 2021
Summary of Activities: Provide leadership for the Quality Assurance Department. Plans and coordinates quality assurance program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards
A. Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Maintain ISO-9001 compliant Quality Management System
2.Provide leadership and development to ensure values, relationships, empowerment, and creativity in the workplace
3.Assure that all required testing is completed and documented
4.Assure compliance to all FMVSS standards for school bus seating are maintained
5.Respond to all customers Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR) and feedback from line calls
6.Supplier Management, follow-up on changes, corrective action implementation an effectiveness
7.Communication to suppliers on material supply issues & coordinate containment needs
8.Review internal and external metric data and apply to problem solving activities
9.Work with the production department to ensure no containment escapes, reduce scrap, and improve operator awareness
10.Support supervisors for all product, process, supply issues
11.Help train employees on understanding quality standards as they apply to their work area
12.Ensure proper Gage calibration and records are maintained
13.Internal Feedback to interested parties
14.Customer communication in terms of concern follow-up, special projects, corrective actions, etc.
15.Coordinate current and new supplier audits
16.Set and track internal goals that directly affect business relations
17.Compile PPAP documentation in accordance with customer and system requirements
18.Review and provide feedback on supplier-provided PPAP submissions
19.Implementation of new products/processes including documented procedures, training, scrap reduction
20.Supervise the activities of the Waste Water Treatment Area and provide semi-annual TTO declarations
21.Key voice in Continuous Improvement of all aspects of the plant
24.Maintain 5S and help drive improved product flow
25.Promote a positive and growth/opportunity-oriented mindset among peers and any subordinates.
26.Other duties as assigned
B. Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
- IMMI Safeguard will supply safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves
- Employee must own or purchase a pair of steel-toed shoes.
- To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions; IMMI Safeguard is an equal opportunity employer.
E. Education and/or Experience Level:
- Bachelor’s Degree; with minimum five years of Quality Assurance experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably with Welding, Cut & Sew and Upholstery responsibility
- Specific education and training in Quality Disciplines including APQP, Corrective Actions, and Total Quality Management.
- ASQ – CQT, CQE, CMQ/OE, and/or Six Sigma certification is desired
- Proficiency in Mini-tab, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is required. Knowledge of quality measurement methods, solid mechanics and hands on experience in testing and data analysis is preferred.
F. Language Skills:
- Fluent English reading/writing skills is required; Spanish language skills desired.
G. Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
G. Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Location: High Point, NC
Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 08:06:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!