Job title: Researcher (Dyer lab)
Company: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Job description: Overview
We are seeking for a Researcher to join Dr. Dyer’s laboratory and provide highly technical animal and research support for members of the laboratory. Dr. Dyer’s research focus on how to improve immunotherapy for patients with Neuroblastoma, in addition to elucidate retinoblastoma cellular origins and develop more effective, targeted therapy.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, located in Memphis, Tennessee, is one of the world’s premier research and treatment centers for childhood disease. St. Jude has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” every year since 2011 and was one of The Scientist’s top 10 “Best Places to Work in Academia” for seven consecutive years. St. Jude offers highly competitive stipends and benefits and actively fosters professional development.
Please include a cover letter in your application addressed to Dr. Michael Dyer.
The successful candidate will work on assignments and specific projects and will have the following responsibilities:
- Assists with study design, data collection, and analysis of preclinical research projects leading to publication.
- Provides services in both routine animal environments and in highly specialized animal housing areas involving immune compromised animals.
- Assists with drug treatment and preclinical imaging studies as directed.
- Develops standard operating procedures and maintains records to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Performs other tasks as assigned to meet departmental goals
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific area is required
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry or relevant scientific area is required. Will also consider current students with an anticipated graduation date within 3 months of application. Verification of degree is required prior to start date.
Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills.
- Preferred prior experience in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry.
- We also encourage applications from those with long-term interests in pursuing a graduate degree.
As of September 10, 2021, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious accommodation, as a condition of employment.
No Search Firms:
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.
Job date: Sat, 09 Oct 2021 02:34:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!