Job title: Resource Conservation Manager
Company: Puget Sound Energy
Job description: Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with like-minded, top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE’s Customer Energy Mgmt & Renewables team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Resource Conservation Manager position!
Puget Sound Energy is looking for a Resource Conservation Manager (RCM) to lead energy efficiency improvements and resource conservation activities in company-owned & leased facilities. The RCM will promote energy efficiency best practices within PSE’s buildings, working collaboratively with multiple workgroups including Facilities, Energy Efficiency, Clean Energy Strategy, and PSE’s Green Team.
This role will focus on optimizing energy efficiency, cost-savings, and conservation measures through building audits, collecting data, conducting research, stakeholder engagement, supervisor guidance, and other appropriate factors. This role will develop pertinent documentation and key performance indicators (KPIs) to demonstrate achievement of energy efficiency goals. This role works with technicians and engineers to identify, plan, develop, design, and implement energy conservation measures. These solutions will balance needs between safety, lifecycle, operations, costs, comfort, and Return on Investment (ROI).
This role also prepares, maintains, and updates plans that identify operation & maintenance, capital, and behavioral energy savings opportunities at PSE sites and properties. This may include conducting site walk-throughs, energy audits, compiling ideas from PSE staff, and coordination with Green Team members.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
- Develops individual Facility Action Plans for PSE owned and leased sites and buildings.
- Creates and maintains a Resource Management Plan that outlines building operation best practices to be adopted at PSE sites.
- Oversees the setup, tracking, and managing of PSE energy consumption and billing data through a software platform such as RealSuite, SAP, or other available sources.
- Serves as the advocate for the Facilities Department to identify, develop, secure funding, and implement projects to reduce energy, water, sewer, trash, and other resource consumption costs.
- Develops content for PSE’s Biennial Conservation Plan to report on resource conservation successes, implemented best practices, documented lessons learned, executed pilots programs/initiatives that customers can deploy, and energy savings achievements.
- Support the PSE Green Team internal energy efficiency efforts.
- Coordinate efforts with company initiatives related to clean energy and carbon reduction.
- Lead PSE’s efforts to comply with House Bill 1257 – Clean Buildings Law that requires buildings over 50,000 square feet to benchmark energy usage in Energy Star Portfolio Manager, to develop Resource Management Plans, to conduct Energy Audits at facilities, and to achieve an Energy Use Index (EUI) not to exceed targets developed by the WA Department of Commerce.
- Provides project management for energy efficiency measures, initiatives and projects.
- Serve as a lead in the drafting of policies, procedures, processes and programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree or PE license in electrical, mechanical, civil or other appropriate engineering field.
- Substantial experience in energy efficiency project planning, design, specification review, technical field work, project cost estimating (typically achieved after 8 or more years practice as a degreed engineer). Years of acquired experience is provided as a guide and alone does not constitute readiness for job level as individual’s skill acquisition rates can vary significantly.
- Subject matter expert in electrical or mechanical aspects of energy efficiency
- Demonstrated project and/or program management skills managing energy efficiency projects
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with a wide range of internal and external customers
- Ten (10) years of experience with data research, preparation, analysis and management.
- Five (5) years of experience in planning, design, specifications, maintenance, project cost estimating and scheduling.
- Five (5) years of project management experience.
- Five (5) years of experience in energy/utility efficiency, facility management, building engineering, project management or other experience related to the built environment.
- Five (5) years of experience working with energy efficiency principles and concepts including building operations, systems and monitoring.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or have completed and passed Building Operator Certification (BOC) training or similar.
- Certified Project Manager (CPM)
- Demonstrated experience communicating with a diverse set of stakeholders, including professional engineers, building maintenance staff, building occupants, management, and executive leadership in one-on-one and group presentation settings.
- Demonstrated experience as a collaborator and implementer of creative and innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience leading and/or coordinating a team, group or committee.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.
Location: Bothell, WA
Job date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 06:41:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!