Job title: Resource Management Planner 1 or 2
Company: NW Natural
Job description: Resource Management Planner 1 or 2
Resource Management A; Portland, Oregon
Posting # 2846
NW Natural has a fully centralized work management structure for the oversight of all our field operations. This means that all work performed out in the “field” by our constructions crews and technicians is planned, scheduled and assigned to the field by the Resource Management Planner position, in the Resource Management Center (RMC).
The RMP’s purpose is to support the safe, reliable and cost-effective delivery of natural gas to our customers by forecasting, planning and assigning work to internal and contracted field personnel for all aspects of NW Natural’s field operations, including customer service, system maintenance, construction and restoration, locates, standbys and emergency response, based on workforce availability, geographic optimization and schedule management.
Day to Day:
- Builds comprehensive work plans for the area/type of work they are accountable for to meet various targets/goals set by the company, e.g. budget spend; due dates; service appointments; overtime and fatigue management; work efficiency (minimize job delays and unnecessary travel time).
- Develops work schedules outlining when the work will be performed for each work group and/or geographic region, and including decisions on whether to perform with company personnel or contractors. Coordinate and schedule all field employee training and meetings while managing diverging company priorities and maintaining the appropriate amount of field resources to complete work.
- Builds personnel schedules to ensure adequate resources are available to perform planned work, including approval of vacations/time-off, changes to schedules and shifts, changes to work location and approval of overtime. Monitor and process employee absences, restrictions and attendance, including gathering needed information, advising employees of actions they need to take, and partnering with supervisors and HR on appropriate action. Requires knowledge and application of protected leave and related laws and regulations.
- Assigns work to the field and monitors it for timely completion or for additional time/resources needed. Monitor emails and other communication after hours and respond when business needs or emergencies require immediate attention.
- Responds to unplanned emergency response work in a timely manner with a sense of urgency, ensuring compliance with all corporate and regulatory agency guidelines. Identifies and activates the closest, most qualified resource to respond to the emergency event. Interacts with local municipality emergency centers (911) to coordinate response and escalate efforts if necessary. Notifies and updates appropriate stakeholders within the company and externally as appropriate. Performs primary duties for emergency response event management prior to hand-off to Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
- Uses appropriate business systems necessary to manage staffing and resources, respond to emergencies and ensure projects are managed in a timely manner.
- Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
- Applies knowledge of how the business works, current policies, procedures, practices, and applies the strategies the business uses to manage staffing, workload and projects to adhere to corporate priorities. Adheres to organizational, local, state and federal guidelines. Other duties as assigned.
Come on your first day with:
- Experience in resource management and planning, project management, data analytics, or experience in NWN field or field related positions preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, applicable certification or equivalent education and experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborating with others to ensure targets and goals are met
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and gain trust and respect.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to extend excellent customer service both internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively cope with ever changing priorities and can shift gears comfortably when necessary.
- Ability to conduct basic analysis through research and collection of data for management review.
- Ability to coordinate field resources integration across departments based on work priorities and skill sets.
- Ability to work on projects of limited complexity with limited information.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in work management and MS Office or similar technology, including spreadsheets, word processing, and project management.
- Subject to random drug testing.
What we offer:
Work life balance
- Up to 21 Vacation Sick Time Days
- 11 paid holiday which includes 3 floating holidays.
- Flexible work arrangements
- 3 weeks paid parental leave
- 1500 Sq foot exercise facility, onsite yoga classes, massage, and secure bike room.
- Generous 401K company contribution and match.
- 15% Discount on ESPP
- Up to $5250 a year in tuition reimbursement
- 20% off natural gas service
- Up to 30% discount at NW Natural Appliance Center
- TRI Met Pass for all HQ employees
- Generous discounts with Verizon & AT&T Wireless
Base salary range: $65,600.00 – $90,800.00 per year, depending on qualifications
Application Process: To be considered for this position, submit a complete electronic application including cover letter and resume via our website.
All applications must be submitted through NW Natural’s Electronic Application System. Resumes submitted via email, fax or mail will not be accepted in lieu of an electronic application.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any federal, state or locally protected class.
We are a drug free workplace and we comply with Federal Drug Free Workplace Act and Department of Transportation regulations. Pre-employment drug tests are part of the hiring process and apply to all positions.
NW Natural does not accept unsolicited submissions or assistance from search firms for posted positions. Resumes submitted by search firms working under a valid and current written contract with NW Natural valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from NW Natural HR/Employment will be deemed the sole property of NW Natural. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by NW Natural as a result of the referral or through other means.
Expected salary: $65600 – 90800 per year
Job date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 05:52:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!