Job title: Sales Engineering Director – Debit Networks
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Job description: US-PA-Harrisburg
Req No. 2021-7907
Company Pandemic Response
Ensuring the health and safety of everyone that works at CO-OP is of primary importance to us. The majority of our organization continues to be in a work-from-home status. This allows for better social distancing practices for those of our employees that do remain in our office locations. We continue to work diligently to maintain everyone’s health and safety by keeping the facilities clean, having everyone screened for temperatures upon entry and providing information about symptoms and what to do if employees feel sick. Our COVID response team has been working tirelessly since March and continues to provide transparent communication around COVID cases and re-entry plans.
We are seeking a talented Sales Engineering Director – Network to be a subject matter expert in all aspects of CO-OP’s STAR network solution. This role specializes in its core operational components, client interchange revenue and expense, contractual renewals and net new sales opportunities. Actions taken by the Sales Engineering Director – Network support the Sales Team consisting of Regional Sales Managers (RSM), Client Business Executives (CBE) and Sales Engineers (SE). Additional responsibilities include ongoing duties typical of a Senior Sales Engineer to internal partners and teams who service existing and net-new CO-OP clients.
Specific goals of this role include:
- Provide sales and demonstration support for CO-OP net new processing platform business, add-on sales and renewals (i.e. Sales Engineer), with a specific focus on CO-OP’s STAR network solution.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for CO-OP’s STAR Network including sales, service, operations, pricing, and value proposition.
- Work collaboratively with Regional Sales Managers on net new sales opportunities and with Client Business Executives regarding client renewals and add-on sales opportunities.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of STAR Network operations, sales positioning and value to the client.
- Dotted-line management and direction of a team of Sales Engineers.
- This position is fully-remote. That means we are open to talent across the country and the person in this position will be able to continue working remotely even after we transition back into our physical office locations.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Assist VP of Sales Engineering with interview, hiring, and training process; plan, assign, and direct SE workload.
- Assist VP, Sales Engineering with maintaining a highly effective team by developing each employee to their highest potential through coaching and leadership.
- Exhibit proficient mastery of all CO-OP products and technology solutions as well as infrastructure including, but not limited to, STAR Network, ATM/Debit Processing, Fraud, Core and Analytic tools, Shared Branching, Call Center Support, Digital, Credit Processing and add-on services demonstrating technological advances and articulating product capabilities.
- Provide comprehensive sales support for on-site and webinar-based sales presentations and demonstrations.
- Create strategic business reviews of revenue and expense for clients tailored to CO-OP STAR network.
- Train Regional Sales Managers (RSM) and Client Business Executives (CBE) on STAR solution and value proposition.
- Document and educate client-facing value proposition for CO-OP Credit Unions when selecting CO-OP STAR network including interchange improvements and fee reductions.
- Document and maintain competitive landscape information relating to Network sales, pricing and operations.
- Accompany Executive Management Team, Regional Sales Managers or Client Business Executives to prospect and renewal meetings to present STAR Network solution and build client value.
- Gather and maintain competitive intelligence, and use this knowledge to educate both clients and co-workers on where CO-OP products fit into the competitive spectrum.
- Evaluate and understand market and industry changes and significant events and report to CO-OP Financial Services management as they relate to CO-OP’s network assets.
- Demonstrate clear understanding and effective communication of how CO-OP solutions relate and provide support as needed/requested from the product groups and business partners.
- Participate in various meetings, conferences, and presentations as assigned and provide leadership when needed for preparation, review and/or delivery of formal presentations.
- Learn to navigate the competitive landscape and to understand and articulate the CO-OP value proposition.
- Assess impact on organization and operational environment of new product initiatives particularly relating to CO-OP’s Network assets.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- College degree in business, marketing, or related field plus 5-7 years of payment processing, financial institution and client relationship experience, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- EFT Business Knowledge; Network Transaction Routing, Interchange, and Operations; Payment Processing (Debit/Credit/Contact Center/ATM’s).
- Strong and effective presentation/demo skills over the phone as well as in-person.
- Deep tactical knowledge of CO-OP’s STAR Network solution including the ability to articulate client value proposition, pricing, and contract negotiation.
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills.
- Proficient EFT/Financial Services/Payment Processing, Industry, Core and technical knowledge.
- Must be a strategic thinker and easily able to adapt effectively to market changes.
- Strong independent critical thinking skills with ability to proactively anticipate and problem solve.
- Strong verbal reasoning skills and excellent communication abilities – both written and verbal.
- Must demonstrate drive, initiative and commitment in supporting attainment of Network sales revenue goals and objectives.
- Must be a successful individual contributor as well as an effective team leader.
- Must possess excellent active listening skills and demonstrate critical perceptive abilities to understand each opportunity.
- Must have the ability to build relationships with every prospect persona – including decision makers and influencers.
- Must exhibit excellent organizational and time management skills – to include good judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Must reveal demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM platforms and related internal tools.
- Must work effectively independently, collectively and in a team environment exhibiting appropriate behavior.
- Proficient understanding and knowledge of financial services industry, preferably credit unions and payments industry.
- Ability to travel 50-60%; must have vehicle, automobile insurance and valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- EFT Payment Processing preferred.
- STAR Network experience is a plus.
- Strong and demonstrated presentation skills is a plus.
- Financial Institution experience preferred.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve; cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP’s commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits – Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
For Colorado Applicants: In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the expected salary range for this Colorado position is between $107,692 and $140,000. Actual Pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
This position qualifies for the following benefits; CO-OP Financial offers a competitive Total Rewards package: 401(k) with generous company match, Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance options, Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term disability benefits, Pregnancy and Parental Leave, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Community Volunteer Time Off, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Expected salary: $107692 – 140000 per year
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Job date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 07:34:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!