Job title: SAP iXp Intern- UX Designer
Job description: Requisition ID: 277166
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
About the SAP Internship Experience Program:
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP:
1. Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
2. Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
3. Gain visibility: With SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
SAP DSC Emerging Technologies and Innovation Team is a strategic innovation entity within SAP Intelligent Spend & Business Network, combining software engineering excellence with thought leadership and entrepreneurial spirit. We focus on building pioneer game-changing solutions while in close collaboration with customers and partners in industry and research as well as with other SAP units. By exploring unconventional ideas and developing inspiring proofs of concept, we push the state of the art in computer science and enterprise application fields in order to provide SAP foresight into future trends. You will become part of this exciting international team that works in the heart of Silicon Valley. We are looking for new team members with an innovative mindset to build the next generation of business network solutions.
What you’ll do:
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern- UX Designer
Location: Palo Alto, CA (Virtual)
Expected start date to end date: May 1, 2021 – September 30, 2021
Expectations & Tasks
- Work closely with product management to understand user requirements and create personas.
- Develop storyboards, wireframes and visual prototypes around requirements.
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers.
- Work with developers to ensure accurate implementation of the designs.
- Do web prototyping with HTML5 and CCS.
Skills / Competencies
- Some experience in interaction design, user research and usability
- Proficient in design software like UXPin, Invision etc.
- Good academic background, ideally with experience in interaction design, visual design, and application design,
- Expertise creating process flows, site maps, wireframes, prototypes, and functional specifications
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Strong background in software engineering principles and strong problem-solving ability.
- A great team player.
Educational Requirements (degrees, class completion, etc.)
- MS or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design
Qualifications: Requires candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate, Masters, MBA or PhD degree program which is applicable to the position.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual – USA
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Job date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 06:29:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!