Job title: Scientist II/Senior Scientist, Chemical Biology
Company: InduPro Labs
Job description: InduPro is bringing life-changing therapies to patients through novel cell-surface platform technologies. We are defining and manipulating protein interactions beyond natural signaling paradigms. InduPro platforms, integrate inherent protein proximity at the cell surface with the ability to manipulate protein pairings via induced protein proximity to create novel signaling pathways and logic gates.
We are seeking a highly-skilled and innovative thinker to apply chemical biology-based methods that include proximity labeling to profile within biological systems. This role will provide a detailed characterization of the cell surface interactome in the context of therapeutic signal transduction pathways. Using InduPro’s novel technologies, we will establish a living database of protein environments across cell types and disease tissues. Experimentation will be in close collaboration with biology and protein engineering colleagues as we work to define and engineer new signaling networks and logic gates.
- Leverage cutting edge chemical biology techniques to enable proteomics-based workflows for high resolution profiling of protein environments on the cell surface
- Design and execute cell- and tissue-based assays for cell surface labeling in mammalian cell culture and tissue samples
- Develop sample processing workflows compatible with sensitive proteomic analyses.
- Develop and prepare protein-small molecule conjugates for probing cell surface environments
- Identify, adopt, and implement innovative chemistry-based technologies into cell-based systems
- Lead from the bench to drive research, strategies and ideas to completion
- Proactively engage with colleagues from various functions as well as external collaboration teams to integrate proximity labeling technologies for identification and/or validation of proximal protein environments
- Contribute to the collective knowledge of multidisciplinary teams through extensive idea exchange and collaboration
- Stay current on emerging technologies and provide scientific mentoring and technical training of team members as appropriate
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Chemical Proteomics, or similar subject areas, with 2-5 years postgraduate experience
- Expert-level knowledge and experience in designing and performing chemical biology experiments for mammalian cell and/or tissue systems
- Expertise and familiarity with cell biology and biochemistry techniques such as cell culture, protein extraction including affinity enrichment of proteins from complex biological systems, protein quantification characterization
- Experience in proteomics sample prep and TMT multiplexing to support quantitative proteomics applications
- Knowledge with bioinformatic-based data analysis of large protein data sets
- Knowledge and practical experience with molecular biology techniques including cloning, viral transduction, generation of stable cell lines
- A strong record of scientific achievement, including publications in high-impact journals;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively with scientists working in other disciplines
InduPro is a dynamic startup where every member of our team plays a role in shaping our science and our culture. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes stock options and exciting opportunities for learning and development.
InduPro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants for employment. Please note that InduPro currently requires that all personnel be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with applicable law, InduPro will provide reasonable accommodations to employees who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Location: Boston, MA
Job date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 23:51:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!