Job title: Scrum Master, Client Delivery
Job description: What we do:
We design, develop, and host data-rich, full-featured, high-traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients. Markit Digital Development teams use their passion for programming and problem-solving to produce feature-rich applications that deliver value for our customers.
With a dedication to continual improvement, our team members challenge themselves each day to expand their knowledge base and produce solutions that are maintainable, extensible, and elegant. We take great pride in our work, share our expertise and ideas to achieve common goals, and aspire to learn more. Our products benefit millions of users across the world and are designed from the ground up to deliver content efficiently and effectively. We have adopted an Agile Development Methodology, and are committed to continually improving within this model.
What you’ll do at Markit Digital
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the effective project delivery that supports our customers and colleagues using Agile methodology. The ideal candidate will be one who leads by example and knows how to bring out the best in people and to act as a galvanizing force.
How you’ll do it at Markit Digital
Serve as a Scrum Master for 1 or more self-organizing teams as you:
- Enable teams to deliver increasing value to clients in a sustainable manner
- Guide teams on their journey toward agile maturity
- Ensure team understanding of requested/prioritized value and appropriately considers sequencing, timing, dependencies, etc
- Take accountability for planning that ensures iterations lead to accomplishment of client delivery dates
- Manage team focus within committed iterations
- Help teams identify and remove impediments and dependencies
- Ensure and facilitate cross-team coordination, facilitating scrum of scrums as needed
- Coach teams as they inspect and adapt between iterations, identifying clear actions and helping the team hold itself accountable as well as measure success
- Track and improve overall team health and metrics, reporting internally to the team, up to senior management and externally to clients
- Provide visibility and transparency toward delivery against a roadmap of work and a milestone/sprint plan
- Provide additional reporting as required by clients
- Coordinate team demonstrations of completed work
- Guide teams in release planning and coordination
- Effectively communicates with internal and external clients both verbally and written
- Continue to grow by learning new tools and techniques
- Occasional travel may be required
Skills and experience
- Leverage your 1-3 years’ experience being Scrum Master on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of relevant agile metrics and charts (e.g. burndown, velocity, burnup, CFD) and ability to interpret them and provide appropriate guidance and coaching to the team
- Proven analytic and problem-solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Proven verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively to customers, managers and technical staff
- Ideal candidate has experience working in client-facing roles
- Experience working with JIRA or other equivalent issue/project tracking software and related tool sets
- Experience helping teams form appropriate team agreements
- Experience conducting and leading client facing meetings/workshops, creating and managing expectations, as well as delivering against expectations
- Experience in the Financial, Software, and/or Digital sectors strongly preferred
- Scrum Master Certification preferred
- Experience and/or knowledge with multiple agile methodologies
- Extremely knowledgeable in and personify Scrum and Agile
- Passion and curiosity to thrive in innovative, collaborative, fast paced environment
- Experience guiding team with problem solving, removing barriers and addressing challenges in support of project execution
- Ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization’s management team that provides leadership and direction
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated base salary range for this role would be between $62,560 and $83,720. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
Expected salary: $62560 – 83720 per year
Location: Boulder, CO
Job date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 23:28:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!