Job title: Senior Compliance Accountant
Company: Gables Search
Job description: Senior Compliance Accountant — expected to manage the dynamic compliance needs of the Company – including but not limited to accounting, tax, fixed assets, and internal control. Flexibility is essential in this fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Oversee monthly/quarterly sales, use, and rental tax filings & reconciliations.
- Complete monthly general ledger tax liability account reconciliation.
- Maintain tax exemption files for the Company and review customer provided exemptions for proper completion and accuracy.
- Work with customer credit and manage customer questions regarding taxation on invoices.
- Oversight of equipment sale documentation.
- Oversight and maintenance of sales tax software.
- Manage transactions related to company fixed assets including capitalization of new assets, disposals, depreciation, sale, and inventory within Sage software for tax depreciation purposes.
- Maintain equipment values.
- Assist in handling tax notices received by the Company.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Advise of changes in GAAP that impact the company.
- Assist in engagements involving external tax advisors and audit staff.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new tax software.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; Public experience a plus.
- 3+ years of tax experience and GAAP Accounting.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced office environment.
- Strong team player with the ability to effectively interact with customers and personnel from all aspects of the business unit.
- Works well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software.
- Familiarity with D365 – Finance & Operations, Avalara, and Sage a plus.
- Excellent organization and follow through skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Excellent working environment and benefits. Looking for local, commutable candidates.
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Job date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 08:26:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!