Job title: Senior Financial Analyst – Telecommute in Greater NYC Metropolitan area
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Job description: Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Senior Financial Analyst will help Optum Tri-State drive financial performance across its FFS and Risk entities by supporting long-term financial and capital planning, developing scalable financial & performance reports, and assisting with other high priority ad hoc deliverables. This person will drive work closely with regional FP&A leadership to prioritize of investments across Optum Tri-State to drive future revenue growth while maximizing financial returns.
If you are located in the greater metropolitan New York city area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop, perform and manage the analyses of business and financial metrics as well as performance measures
- Support annual and quarterly P&L and Balance Sheet forecasting cycles for regional and corporate leadership
- Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Develop, perform and manage all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
- Produce clear, well-formatted reports that communicate a clear, compelling message for their stakeholders
- Partner with BU regional financial and operational leadership to ensure cost management and investments are reasonable and aligned with defined performance targets and financial thresholds
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend, and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Predictive Analytics, or similar area of study
- 2+ years of progressive financial (including financial planning and analysis), or public accounting experience
- Proven experience driving business performance in a high growth environment
- Experience anticipating accounting, financial reporting, forecasting and operational issues, assessing their implications and developing and implementing an appropriate action plan
- Experience working collaboratively and influence across a matrix environment to drive revenue enhancement and expense management initiatives
- Experience prioritizing & managing demanding workloads with concurrent deadlines
- Knowledge of GAAP, fundamental financial concepts and procedures
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to act decisively and proactively, anticipating change, and modify plans/timetables as needed
- Ability to use proper discretion when dealing with confidential information exhibiting a high level of integrity
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- MBA or CPA
- PeopleSoft Experience, Hyperion SmartView and/or Essbase
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization and with cross-functional partners
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Assertive, self-starting personality with a customer service attitude
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 14 May 2022 22:15:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!