Job title: Senior Financial Analyst – Workplace
Company: Edelman Financial Engines
Job description: At Edelman Financial Engines, we believe every hardworking American deserves to move their financial life forward, and we’re growing our team so we can help more clients every day.
As a senior financial analyst on the Workplace CFO team, you’ll be responsible for tasks including but not limited to financial analysis, forecasting, preparing recommendations to improve EBITDA, periodic analysis of variance to annual plan, and responding to requests relating to business performance from partners in the Finance and Workplace business units. This role will be primarily focused on financial performance and asset flows associated with Marketing activities to individuals in the Workplace channel (employees of our institutional clients). EFE’s Workplace channel is the largest provider of managed account services in the Defined Contribution product space.
We are looking for someone who has strong attention to detail, willingness to scrutinize business performance in order to improve results, ability to collaborate with partners, and track record for delivering in a Finance function in the financial services industry. If that sounds appealing, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Assist in the development of key performance indicators, targets, and the ongoing tracking of progress against goals to help leaders understand performance and areas of opportunity – generally relating to asset flows, revenue impacts, and acquisition expenses in the Workplace Marketing channels
- Prepare and distribute monthly budget vs. actual reports and analyze key variances
- Build and Maintain annual revenue planning models and ongoing quarterly forecasts
- Increase productivity by improving processes, assisting in automation of manual tasks, and leveraging data visualization tools
- Leverage analytics and the art of storytelling to frame situations in clear and concise documents that provoke discussion and drive action
- 5-8 years of experience in Finance, Decision Support, or related function leveraging financial analytics to drive strategic business decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, MIS or related field
- Ability to boil complex business challenges down to brief overview documents with digestible and actionable business plans
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with practical experience in financial or statistical modelling and quantitative analysis of large datasets
- Foundational knowledge of digital marketing tactics and metrics across the customer lifecycle
- General understanding of relational database structures and standardized querying languages
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Expert in Excel, financial modeling, and preparing presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven and multi-task environment
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, as recognized by Barron’s1, with 150+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.2 million clients to manage more than $260 billion in assets2. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated personal financial planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
For more information, visit
© 2021 Edelman Financial Engines, LLC. Edelman Financial Engines® is a registered trademark of Edelman Financial Engines, LLC. All advisory services offered through Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA), a federally registered investment advisor. Results are not guaranteed.
For California residents, please see the link for the . California law requires that we provide you this notice about the collection and use of your personal information. Please read it carefully and reach out to Jill O’Connell (857-305-8555 or ) with any questions.
Edelman Financial Engines encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital, domestic partner, or civil union status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic heritage, genetic information, age, legally recognized disability, military service or veteran status.
1 The 2020 America’s Best RIA Firms Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, technology spending, staff diversity, succession planning, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisors and firms. Firms elect to participate but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor experience and returns are not considered.
2 Data as of 12/31/20.
Location: Boston, MA
Job date: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 04:49:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!