Job title: Senior Network Administrator
Job description: Senior Network Administrator
Job Locations US-OH-Columbus
ID 2021-1922 Category Information Technology Type Regular Full-Time
TekSynap is seeking a Senior Network Administrator to join our government project supporting Defense Logistics Agency in Columbus, OH.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. “Technology moving at the speed of thought” embodies these principles – the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
DLA Network & Telecommunications Services NTS-LAN supports wired and wireless LAN functions by providing skills and expertise in telecom engineering and operational support of current and new technologies to the Local Area Network (LAN).
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, or under only general direction, on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, program, and implement.
- Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services.
- Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion. Analyzes the problem and the characteristics of the information to be transported.
- Defines the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications.
- Closely coordinates with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services. In conjunction with functional users, develops alternative solutions and backup plans.
- Provides technical and administrative direction for personnel responsible for telecommunications network design, implementation, and operations tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards the progress in accordance with schedules.
- Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major network installations.
- Prepares milestone status reports, and deliveries/ presentations on network progress to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
- Contractor is required to take applicable DLA and Host Activity site-specific safety training.
- Contractor is required to take OSHA compliant Aerial Lift Training
- Must have 7 years network operations experience. Higher Level Education or Military service can be used in lieu of 2 years network operations experience.
- Experience in telecommunications network design and management.
- Experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services.
- Experience in complex applications involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation and analysis.
- Experience in managing the evaluation and cost estimation of voice data WAN services from telecommunications carriers, designing access and backbone networks using carrier services, or in managing the analysis and design of wireless voice or data network (using private radio facilities or commercial services).
- US Citizen
- Active Secret clearance with IT-I sensitivity
- Must hold one of the following IAT Level II or III certifications
- CCNA Security
- Security+ CE
- CASP CE
- CCNP Security
- CISSP (or associate)
- Must hold computing environment certifications
- CCSE NGX
- CCSE NGX Plus NG with AI
- CCMSE NG with AI
- CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX
- If candidate does not have an active certification from the above list, he/she may be eligible for this position if willing to obtain 14-21 days prior to start date if selected for hire
Additional Job Information
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Columbus, OH
Type of environment: Office
Noise level: Medium
Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday – Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
- US Citizenship
- Secret Clearance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
Location: Columbus, OH
Job date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 03:28:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!