Job title: Senior Planner and Chief Planner
Company: County Of Mendocino
Job description: Minimum Qualifications Required
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Urban Planning, or a related field; and, Five years of progressively responsible related experience; or, Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses and Certifications:
Valid State Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced principles, methods, and techniques utilized in land use and environmental planning.
- All applicable state, federal and local ordinances, laws, rules and regulations.
- Socio-economic, and environmental principles and their application to urban and rural development and conservation.
- Research methodology and standard statistical methods and procedures as they apply to planning.
- Principles and practices of public administration.
- Recordkeeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Basic budgetary principles and practices.
- Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting and implementation.
- Administration of staff and activities, either directly or through subordinate supervision.
- Methods and techniques of research, statistical analysis and report presentation.
- All computer applications and hardware related to performance of the essential functions of the job.
- Using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Researching, compiling, and summarizing a variety of informational and statistical data and materials.
- Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Applying logical thinking to solve problems or accomplish tasks; to understand, interpret and communicate complicated policies, procedures and protocols.
- Using mathematics.
- Communicating clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Planning, organizing, assigning, directing, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Selecting and motivating staff and providing for their training and professional development.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
Mental and Physical Abilities:
- Ability to determine work priorities and effectively coordinate and schedule personnel and other resources.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional periodicals and journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to identify and analyze problem situations, establish priorities of action based on analysis, and take appropriate action to resolve problems.
- Ability to prepare and present complex technical reports.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to determine appropriate research methodology for project studies and insure that analysis is complete and accurate.
- Ability to supervise the preparation of, or perform, complex, difficult, or specialized planning studies and eak effectively before public groups and respond to questions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and speak and hear, and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is occasionally required to walk, hike, stand, and lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Important Application Information:
- It is your responsibility to demonstrate through your application materials how you meet the minimum qualifications of the position/s for which you apply.
- You must complete all sections of the application. A résumé or other information you feel will help us evaluate your qualifications may be attached to your completed application, but will not be accepted in lieu of completing any part of the application. Blank applications that contain only a résumé or those that reference “see résumé” will be rejected as incomplete.
- Check your application before submitting to ensure it is complete and correct; no new or additional information will be accepted after the closing date.
- Inquiry will be made of your former and current employers; please provide the names and telephone numbers of supervisors on your application.
- You must provide the names and contact information of at least three (3) references (not relatives) that have knowledge of your job skills, experience, ability and/or character.
- Application materials are the property of Mendocino County and will not be returned.
- It is your responsibility to keep your NEOGOV profile updated, including any changes to your telephone number or address. Failure to do so may result in missed notification of exams or interviews.
- The exam process listed on this flyer is tentative. Mendocino County reserves the right to make necessary modifications to the examination plan. Such revisions will be in accordance with approved personnel standards. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified.
- The provisions of this job bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract.
Location: Fort Bragg, CA
Job date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 07:45:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!