Job title: Senior Product Designer
Job description: Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
At Univar Solutions, our vision is to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet. As part of our digital transformation, we are seeking a Lead Product Designer to join our team. This role will help drive the product design discipline by working with cross-functional teams charged with implementing transformational solutions in digital commerce, marketing and commercial/sales.
Reporting to the Product Design Manager, the successful candidate will set the standard for our digital design solutions with their world-class design talent, command of visual principals, masterful typographic skills, user centered approach and keen attention to detail. They’ll shepherd ideas from conception to release, advocating for clean and understandable solutions along the whole journey, considering the user experience first and supporting design decisions with best practices and data from usability tests or site metrics. You will play a key role in shaping the future of all our digital interfaces by contributing to the creation of our design system and owning significant tactical responsibilities for core digital commerce experiences.
This individual will be a self-starter who embraces the challenge of translating user needs into impactful and delightful experiences that drive successful outcomes for our business, customers, and employees. This individual will not only own how our products look and feel but will also be an integral part of a cross-functional team working to prioritize the most significant opportunities to support our users and the business. They will be an effective diplomat with strong communication and organizational skills who is willing to prove her/himself within a company of talented individuals. This person should be patient, understanding, ego-free and eager to give and receive constructive feedback. This role will require the individual to be comfortable in a fast-paced organization and excited to collaborate with other designers, UX architects, researchers, engineers, and product managers.
- Provide design leadership: You are a seasoned designer who has shipped digital experiences that have solved significant business and industry problems while delighting users with easy-to-use and functional interfaces. You are also a team player with natural leadership skills, who knows how to motivate and communicate with product managers, UX designers, researchers, and engineers to translate user centered designs into meaningful product deliverables.
- Own the design deliverables of all digital interfaces: Be a thought leader in design principles that balances the goals of users, business, and engineering to design polished user interfaces, illustrations, iconography, and interactions that bring clarity to complex design problems.
- Build Scalability: Partner with Product Design Manager to lead the design of our unified design system by innovatively exploring new technologies that push current experiences towards the modern and intuitive.
- Be responsible for end-to-end creative direction of all digital experiences by translating complex wireframes into hi fidelity visual designs & prototypes.
- Create and maintain design library of visual elements and components
- Thoughtfully convey design details to the engineering team through prototypes and design specifications while driving pixel-perfect finish throughout the release cycle and beyond.
- Actively participate in usability testing, and work with product, research, and engineering teams to evaluate and prioritize results for development.
- Communicate design concepts to internal stakeholders in persuasive, articulate, and compelling ways.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering leads to help define requirements for product development.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Build business cases and present opportunities for investment in design tools and libraries
- Mentor and provide guidance to new members of the design team
- 5-7 years of relevant experience designing for software or web. Enterprise experience preferred
- Experience working with small to large design teams taking on significant complex challenges.
- An exceptional portfolio demonstrating a solid understanding of the fundamentals of visual and UI design principles and practices, and the contexts in which you applied them in solving complex problems backed up with a solid rationale.
- A customer-focused approach and experience leveraging qualitative & quantitative
user research methodologies and insights to drive design decisions.
- Intuitively balance when to compromise to get the essential work done on time and when to push for the ideal process.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Proficient in Sketch, XD, Invision, Abstract and other design tools
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a rigorous understanding of visual and user-centered design principles.
- In-depth experience working and shipping great experiences in an agile environment
- Demonstrated relevant experience designing and delivering products in cross-functional teams from start to finish
- Demonstrated ability to communicate designs clearly and persuasively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working closely with UX designers and researchers to understand and use user research to guide design decisions
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions/Other Requirements:
- Office environment
- Energy for fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Job date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 08:38:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!