Job title: Senior Researcher, Market Research & Consumer Insights
Job description: OVERVIEW
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Research team is dedicated to understanding the future of online grocery shopping and how current behaviors and needs may be rapidly evolving. We generate insights that drive marketing strategy, product strategy and innovation. We are a collaborative and tight-knit team, and we partner with marketing, brand, product, data science, and analytics to help build products that solve real problems for people and support Instacart’s mission.
Instacart is seeking a Senior Market Research and Consumer Insights Researcher to help deepen our understanding of user and marketplace needs, motivations, and behaviors to support its growth. We are a multi-sided marketplace, with our user groups including not only customers, but the personal shoppers who shop for and deliver orders, the grocery stores and retailers who we partner with, and the CPG companies whose products we promote.
ABOUT THE JOB
- In this role, you’ll lead primary market research initiatives from beginning to end using a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- You’ll be a strategic partner to brand, marketing, creative design, and product marketing organizations, sharing insights that give them a better understanding of customer perceptions, attitudes, needs, and barriers.
- You’ll collaborate closely with product/user researchers, data science and analytics to triangulate and contextualize research findings.
- You’ll generate a foundational understanding of Instacart’s user base, including customers, shoppers, retailers and CPG, and you’ll track the health of the product and brand.
- You’ll utilize a wide range of storytelling techniques and communicate research insights in a clear, opinionated, and compelling way that influences and leads to action.
- And, you’ll provide mentorship for junior researchers and seek to uplevel others by proactively sharing expertise, techniques, and knowledge.
- 6+ years experience in a Market Research or Consumer Insights role, either on the research agency or client side, conducting primary, custom research studies.
- BA or BS or higher in Marketing Research, social sciences or a quantitative field. A Masters degree is a plus.
- Expertise with various qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques, including segmentation, concept testing, messaging development and test.
- Proficient in writing, programming and fielding surveys.
- Familiar with data analysis tools (e.g., Q, SPSS or SAS) and can easily design and create cross-tabs and data banners. Experience with SQL, Python, R a plus.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time-management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects concurrently
- Comfort dealing with high levels of organization complexity in a high-growth environment.
- Clear and compelling presentation and storytelling skills, with a strong track record of creating impact from insights.
- Ability to self-manage, self-motivate and deal with large amounts of complexity and ambiguity.
- Prior eCommerce, CPG or retail experience a plus.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 02:28:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!