Job title: Senior Scientist, Enzyme Engineering, Chemical R&D
Job description: ROLE SUMMARY
We are seeking a creative, highly motivated Enzyme engineering expert with biocatalysis experience to join our Chemical Research and Development (CRD) laboratories based in Groton, CT. The successful candidate will play a role in the development of innovative enzymatic processes to key precursors in the synthesis of active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) candidates in our portfolio. They will also demonstrate a passion for the development of cutting edge new biocatalysis technologies in addition to having a proven track record of productivity in generating high-quality technical and scientific results. They will partner with chemists, analysts, biochemists and chemical engineers from across Pfizer R&D and manufacturing organizations to design novel enzyme platforms, participate in enzyme engineering programs and optimize enzymes to fit manufacturing process targets in terms of cost, robustness and quality. The ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams involving chemists, analysts, engineers, and technologists is essential.
- Optimize and improve existing workflows and develop new approaches to deliver high-performing enzymes.
- Apply enzyme engineering design approaches towards developing single and multi-substitution protein variants.
- Apply structural biology and molecular biology principles (protein structure prediction, modelling and analysis, library design, creation and screening) to develop innovative enzyme engineering technologies.
- Routinely maintains an up to date electronic notebook with all required supporting information.
- Ability to search the chemical literature to find viable solutions to enzyme engineering problems.
- As a strong team player, partner with chemists, analysts, and chemical engineers from across Pfizer R&D and manufacturing organizations to design novel enzyme processes.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions towards proposing innovative enzyme engineering ideas for Biocatalyst development.
- Displays clear communication (written and oral). Collaborates and prepares internal research reports and technical presentations as well as external publications.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology with extensive experience in bioinformatics and advanced lab techniques for protein engineering for Biocatalysis.
- We are looking for an expert in the use of state-of-the-art methods to engineer novel enzymes for improved stability, activity and selectivity. The ideal candidate should display a deep knowledge and experience in the rapid creation of protein libraries, with hands on skills towards developing multi-substitution protein variants by means of saturation mutagenesis, ISM, CASTing, combinatorial library design, and protein structure modelling and analysis.
- Expertise for using multiple software tools for bioinformatics, protein modelling and analysis, is also required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret work published in the field of protein engineering and apply it to project related work.
- Track record of scientific accomplishments demonstrated through journal publications.
- Strong motivation, passion and commitment to science and innovation.
- Strong desire to proactively identify, evaluate and implement new technologies or innovative concepts specific to his/her field of expertise.
- Desire to work in an interdisciplinary scientific team with strong interpersonal, collaborative and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment performing experiments.
- Ability to perform complex data analysis.
- Self-aware: will seek input from others on ideas and problem-solving; uses others as a resource
- Change agile: capable of quickly adapting to changes in project direction
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Will be required to occasionally travel internationally (0-5%) to support technology development and/or clinical manufacturing activities as well as technology transfer to commercial manufacturing.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: May 7, 2021
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development
Location: Groton, CT
Job date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 05:15:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!