Job title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Data
Job description: What’s so interesting about this role?
Our team is growing because our user base is growing – 30% in the last year!
We’re looking to add a Senior Site Reliability Engineer on our Data Platform team. We’re in the process of modernizing our Data Platform with the goal of making data a strategic asset to all aspects of Grindr’s business. The platform upgrade is a unique opportunity to help optimize our operational data infrastructure by eliminating redundant work through testing and automation. Help migrate from EC2-hosted services to Saas and Kubernetes-based systems and implement modern CICD, monitoring and alerting. We’re taking the long view to eliminate click-ops by investing in infrastructure as code. Long term, help us build and manage the infrastructure to develop, train and deploy ML models at scale.
What’s the job?
- Support the migration of our PB-scale data lake to Snowflake including the gradual EOL of our EC2-based Cloudera cluster
- Develop effective monitoring and response tools to identify and address reliability risks using Datadog and Pagerduty
- Participate in an 8×5 oncall to ensure alerts are acknowledged and triaged in a timely manner
- Support data platform services running in Kubernetes with CICD deployment and auto scaling
- Build robust systems using auto-scaling and self-healing, and identify risks to keep uptime as high as possible
- Write, test and maintain automation tools in Bash, Python or other languages
- Practice Security By Design and do regular security analysis/auditing of system
What we’ll love about you
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4 years of experience working in high volume, large-scale environments
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on stability and performance related events
- Extensive experience with AWS technologies (preferred: EC2, RDS, S3, EKS, Route53, Pinpoint)
- Experience with large-scale Kubernetes deployments (EKS is a plus)
- Experience with alerting and monitoring systems (Datadog is a plus)
- Experience with writing code around infrastructure automation (Bash, Python, Java)
- Experience with distributed system design, implementation, and capacity planning
- Passionate about testing software and systems
- Strong infrastructure, information, and network security experience
- Experience with integrations for CI/CD
- Plus: Experience with database management (Snowflake, MySQL)
- Plus: Experience with Astronomer / Airflow stack
- Plus: Big data experience, including Cloudera, Databricks, Snowflake, Spark, EMR, Kafka
What you’ll love about us
- High-growth company – plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture – work from home (or wherever!)
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401k Match
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about how we handle the personal data of applicants, visit our .
Apply for this Job
First Name *
Last Name *
Location (City) *
Drop files here
Drop files here
Are you authorized to work in the United States for any employer? *
Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship? *
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Grindr are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Are you Hispanic/Latino?
Please identify your race
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A “disabled veteran” is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A “recently separated veteran” means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran’s discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An “active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran” means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An “Armed forces service medal veteran” means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Why are you being asked to complete this form?
We are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward having at least 7% of our workforce be individuals with disabilities. To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if they have a disability or have ever had a disability. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we ask all of our employees to update their information at least every five years.
Identifying yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary, and we hope that you will choose to do so. Your answer will be maintained confidentially and not be seen by selecting officials or anyone else involved in making personnel decisions. Completing the form will not negatively impact you in any way, regardless of whether you have self-identified in the past. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of federal contractors under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at . How do you know if you have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune disorder, for example, lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, or HIV/AIDS
- Blind or low vision
- Cardiovascular or heart disease
- Celiac disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Depression or anxiety
- Gastrointestinal disorders, for example, Crohn’s Disease, or irritable bowel syndrome
- Intellectual disability
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Nervous system condition for example, migraine headaches, Parkinson’s disease, or Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Psychiatric condition, for example, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, PTSD, or major depression
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at .
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
Location: Snowflake, AZ
Job date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 01:55:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!