Job title: Senior Software Engineer, Data Prep (Java/C++)
Company: Tableau Software
Job description: To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
The Tableau Prep team’s mission is to help people prepare and curate data for analysis. We solve our customers’ complex data preparation problems on ever-increasing data sets in the files, cloud, databases and data warehouses. Getting data ready for analysis can be time-consuming. Tableau Prep makes it possible for more people, from IT to business users, to easily prep their data with a direct and visual approach.
What you’ll be doing…
We are looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer to join Tableau Prep’s team that focuses on data connectivity, ingestion, processing, and output. You will be responsible for creating features that power Tableau Prep’s connectivity platform handle reading from and loading data into the target destinations. You will –
- Contribute to the design, development, test and operational excellence of the Tableau Prep’s platform layer and libraries supporting it.
- Take full ownership of the end-to-end quality of the code deployed to production.
- Work closely with a tight knit engineering team to tackle tough design, product and engineering problems.
- Partner, collaborate, and solve problems with teams across the company.
Who you are…
- You’re Experienced. You have 3+ years of professional experience building commercial software products as part of a team. We build using Java and C++; you have professional experience with these or similar languages.
- You’re Self-Motivated. You take initiative and can turn ideas into real features. You enjoy discussing use cases & user flows with product managers & designers, and contributing ideas to those discussions.
- Relentlessly High Standards. You are not satisfied by the status quo and work with those around you to improve the quality of our systems, code and engineering practices. You work toward pragmatic solutions that regularly deliver customer-delighting functionality while steadily improving system quality over time.
- Customer Focused. You regularly think from the customer perspective. You want to learn about customers, their challenges & scenarios.
- You are a recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
and are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Location: Seattle, WA
Job date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 23:54:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!