Job title: Senior Software Engineer, Technical Lead, Android
Job description: Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Diego, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, and/or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 3 years of experience with Android application development.
- 3 years of experience with performance, large scale systems data analysis, visualization tools, and debugging.
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Knowledge of UI frameworks (e.g., Android, iOS, or XML), MVP application design and complex, reactive touch based UI.
About the job
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
This role is part of our Touchstone team. We are a technology innovation team that drives the boundaries on interactivity and connectivity, we have invented technologies such as Soli and Jacquard, and helped bring them into Google products such as Nest Home Hub, Nest Thermostat, and with partners into Jacquard products. We develop Android applications, SDK components, and platform tools. Our apps and SDK’s live at the boundary of cutting edge ML, consumer products, and research.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user’s interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people’s lives better through technology.
- Contribute to the future of our SDKs/Dev Kits.
- Lead the existing team of engineers through a migration from Java to Kotlin.
- Develop prototypes to validate interactions and prove product designs.
- Work with our firmware team to optimize interactions between phone and hardware device.
- Work with external vendors and partners on prototypes and products.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
Location: Mountain View, CA
Job date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 07:58:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!