Job title: Senior Software Engineer, Web Authoring – Tableau
Company: Tableau Software
Job description: To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
What you’ll be doing…
At Tableau, we create intuitive and powerful analytics software that enables thousands of leading organizations and millions of people around the world to find insights in their data. On the Web Authoring team at Tableau, our mission is to help people see and understand their data from their browser without the hassles of desktop installation and maintenance. Our Web Authoring product is already available in Public, Online and Server and is growing quickly. We have brought the power of Tableau desktop to the web and now strive to go beyond desktop capabilities and give our customers a first-class experience in the browser. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about advancing the state-of-the-art in the Web Authoring space and in helping deliver our company’s mission.
As a technical leader on the team, some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Build a first-class Web Authoring product by improving the customer authoring experience in the browser and delivering unrivaled performance.
- Work alongside a team of talented engineers building scalable, performant, secure and feature-rich software.
- Use your in-depth analysis of product behavior to propose/build features that improve performance, reduce bottlenecks, and optimize resource usage.
- Innovate and build elegant Web UI features from scratch leveraging React.
Who you are…
- Technical. You’re fluent in commonly used design patterns and can constructively review the work of others to ensure high quality. You are able to build technically challenging features that improve the customer experience.
- Strong Communicator. You can distill complex technical information down to the key elements and communicate technical details effectively.
- Passionate. You have a passion for solving complex problems and you are always developing and growing your skills as an engineer. You do great work even when no one is watching. The drive to deliver is just part of you.
- Relentlessly High Standards. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people. You love delivering high-quality experiences to the customer that “just work” through software that is robust, scalable and performs well. You thrill in your accomplishments but also know it’s about doing and improving.
- Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from and teaching others so we can all become better engineers. You work closely with UX designers to refine the look and feel of your features to create delightful user experiences. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work environment. You lead by example and help those around you improve.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
and are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with or .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Location: Kirkland, WA
Job date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 06:01:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!