Job title: Senior Specialist, SQL BI Developer
Job description: Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST) is responsible for application development and support for critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing), along with approximately 350 other applications used by the following high-priority business services and their clients.
Markets & Market Risk Technology (MMRT) within CMIST provides technology management and application development for Foreign Exchange (FX), Securities Finance, Global Collateral Management, Liquidity Management, and Fixed Income & Equities businesses. The technology group also supports the company’s market risk and counterparty credit risk platforms.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on developer, Works on architecture of the product, enhances and improves the functionality of current product and helps build resilient software. Primarily on the database (RDBMS)
- Develops stored procedures, queries, optimizes the queries, resolves performance issues, Performs data operations on large sets of data
- Develops software in cloud-based environment (internal and external)
- Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon’s standard development methodology.
- Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Provides technical support as needed in DevOps model
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring ‘best practices’ for technical development methodologies and tools.
- Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. The job holder leads the technical design, development and documentation of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. S/he analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, and logical processes and interfaces with other systems. S/he also ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved by coordinating, coding, testing, implementation and documentation. Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code. Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites. Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to satisfy requirements and solutions. Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt and gain). Actively participate in code reviews. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system. Apply security and privacy principles. Created functional requirements and creating reports on databases. Active learning engagement. Complete all required mandatory training / policy awareness curricula on time. Use learning tools such as Pluralsight to complete both recommended and aspirational targets set in personal development plans. Demonstrate team work. Leverage existing products/functionality and promote reuse. Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices. Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to. Collaborate cross-functionally with data engineers, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions. Utilize local meetups to gain and share knowledge. Compiles documentation written by more senior developers of all procedures used in database creation . Acts as a mentor to junior level developers. Relevant experience with Oracle 9i and PL-SQL, including index strategies, performance tuning and optimization and stored procedures. Database developers must be able to create Oracle reports and write complex SQL statements for large scale databases. Communications and organization skills; team work skills; possess analytical thinking skills Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required,
- 7 to 9 years of experience in software development required;
- Recent 5+ years of experience with SQL Server technologies – SQL queries, SSIS, SSRS
- Experience with Relational Databases (SQL Server, Oracle) and Big Data technologies
- Experience designing systems using OOAD Concepts and Design Patterns
- Experience in developing front-end technologies (Web development, AngularJS/SPA) is a plus
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 96092
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 2102233
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 23:27:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!