Job title: Senior Technical Accountant
Job description: As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,500 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
New opportunity based in Billerica MA (hybrid work from home and office model) for a Senior Technical Accountant to join the Bruker Finance Team to work closely with the Director of Technical Accounting and Corporate Controller on matters that are significant and visible within the organization. Will develop and cultivate strong collaborative working relationships with Finance, IT, Audit, Legal, HR, and Business Unit professionals through the tasks and projects performed within this role
This is a challenging role for a strong accounting professional to leverage their previous experiences to continue to develop their technical and operating accounting abilities by assisting the Technical Accounting team in matters such as revenue recognition, inventory, mergers and acquisition accounting, internal restructurings, internal controls, application of U.S. GAAP, development and maintenance of global accounting policies.
- Proactive lead in the quarterly close process:
- Hedge accounting, inclusive of valuation review, journal entry and footnote disclosure preparation
- Fair value measurement disclosure preparation and tie-out
- Restructuring analysis and footnote disclosure preparation
- Evaluation and preparation of the out of period entry memorandum
- Internal control evaluation memorandums, as needed
- Integral contributor to the 10-Q and 10-K financial statement preparation, tie-out, and related documentation support
- Perform extensive review of new accounting pronouncements and provide recommended applications to the function
- Development, periodic update, and maintenance of new and existing Bruker accounting policies
- Develop internal accounting policy trainings and lead internal webinars ensuring the business is aware of these policies and their potential impact of the business
- Assist the business with complex transactional activity with US GAAP guidance to ensure proper recordation into the local general ledger in addition to potential future budgeting and forecasting implications
- Communicate with various levels of management to assist with understanding and application of policies, procedures, controls, and related activities.
- Assist with M&A activities including contract review, opening balance sheet procedures, U.S. GAAP application, valuation procedures, memorandum preparation and post-acquisition integration
- Participate in the oversight of the internal controls program, including:
- Provide guidance on control framework
- Work with global control owners to understand the controls impacts
- Approval/participation of deficiency remediation
- Reporting of program results to leadership
- Assist with corporate oversight of global revenue recognition, including consultation with entities regarding contract revenue treatment, as needed
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience including recent technical accounting roles within a mix of public accounting and publicly held company environments
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required.
- MBA, CPA, and related field training preferred.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, financial controls (SOX 404 and COSO framework), leading practices, process analysis, and risk assessment
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, computer, quantitative, and proposal communication and presentation skills, including fluent English, SAP, advanced MS Office Suite proficiency including Visio, Sharepoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment, and capable of gaining commitment and coordinated action for initiatives: foster collaboration and new ways to forge higher levels of teamwork within and between groups.
- Able to successfully multi-task the management and delivery of multiple complex projects with key stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proven adaptive capability and demonstrated familiarity with organizational change.
- Operates at the highest standards of business ethics, honesty, personal integrity, and professionalism.
- Organize, analyze, and interpret data, records, and reports. Strong analytical skills and a problem solver
- Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state required.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
- Maintain a valid passport with flexibility for domestic and international travel.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is a federal contractor and subject to Executive Order 14042. Under Executive Order 14042, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with limited exceptions for those employees who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief). You will need to provide proof of vaccination by submitting a copy of your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to Bruker, or obtain a religious or medical exemption, as a condition of employment.
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.
Location: Billerica, MA
Job date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 03:49:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!