Job title: Senior Technical Support Engineer
Job description: Job Description
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Technical Support Engineer Description
Technical Support Engineer reporting to the US Technical Support Manager for VMware Cloud Services. This role drives proactive customer interactions resulting in a higher rate of product consumption.
As such, this is a critical role in accelerating VMware’s growth in its SaaS business by enabling customers to rapidly and successfully adapt our advanced products and technology and realize business value. This role will require working with many teams with a high level of networking knowledge to Technical consulting and support. Technical On-boarding & product adoption, Product Development Feedback, Knowledge Creation, Global team collaboration.
- This position will be working with the VMC on Dell EMC infrastructure with some work with the VMC on AWS infrastructure as well.
- Manage customer escalations while maintaining a high level of communication to customer and internal VMware teams.
- Create and deliver technical sessions to the VMC GSS team
- Knowledge Base content creation
- Excellent communication and documentation skills. Will be working in Jira and updating our SRE teams regularly.
- Mastering case/time management utilizing the TSE2Work Service Delivery system.
- Networking expertise understanding route based/policy-based VPNs, configuring firewall rules, AWS direct connect technologies.
- HCX/NSX experience a plus
- Provide world-class customer service throughout the entire lifecycle of customer adoption.
- Work independently or as part of a team on engagements with customers, often in a technical. role to ensure customer retention and to drive customer value realization.
- Stay on top of customer reported issues, regularly communicate with customers, sales account teams and Product Management and Engineering.
- Be able to drive and increase visibility of escalated support issues for strategic accounts as needed.
- Adoption of tools, technologies and services so as to bring in agility and automation.
- Administration of VMware Cloud Infrastructure or another Cloud for example: AWS/Azure/Google, etc.
- Extensive administration and support experience with all of Windows server operating systems, and workstation operating systems in large enterprise environments (thousands of systems).
- Familiarity with various Hypervisors (vSphere, Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, KVM, etc.).
- Core understanding of Cloud concepts and technologies (vCloud Director, Amazon, OpenStack, etc.).
- Familiarity with Cloud orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet, vCenter Orchestrator, etc.).
- OS Provisioning experience is also a plus (SCCM, WIM, KickStart, etc.).
- Real passion for customer engagement; interpersonal and customer service skills are mandatory.
- Ability to act in an effective and professional manner during moments of high stress.
- Familiarity with a variety of enterprise management tools and software.
- Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays
Professional Qualifications/Ideal Experience
- Experience with modern software development methodologies.
- Familiarity with Hypervisors (ESXi, Hyper-V, Xenserver, KVM, etc).
- Linux/Unix administration basic skills.
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal, internal and external) and presentation skills.
- Quality, out-of–the box thinker that is open-minded, creative, intelligent, and self-confident.
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and start-up like environments.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
- 4 – 10 years of relevant work experience. VCP, MCSE, MCDBA, and/or various UNIX certifications are a plus. This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
- This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
- This role is based out of VMware’s Atlanta, GA or Broomfield, CO office and open to candidates in the surrounding area
For positions located in Colorado: This position is a non-exempt role starting at $35.10/hour ($73,000/year) is based on 2080 hours worked (standard for a calendar year) for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at *Note: Disclosure of Colorado pay and benefits required per sb19-968
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Expected salary: $35.1 per hour
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 22:10:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!