Job title: Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
Job description: Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at
We’re looking for a Senior Experience Designer who can create useful, intuitive, user centered designs from project concept through execution. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. You will support team members and provide tactical deliverables to meet project needs. You will help develop concepts and then produce quality wireframes, prototypes, user flows, and annotations with high attention to detail. Your work will be grounded by your participation in research activities such as competitive analyses, heuristic reviews, design thinking workshops, and usability testing.
What You Will Do
- Translate user, product, and business requirements into simple and intuitive interfaces
- Design product UX in close collaboration with product managers and development teams
- Mapping customer and user journeys
- Sketching, concept creation and wireframing
- Creating interactive prototypes
- Conduct research to inform design decisions. Work with our researcher to plan and execute research projects, drawing on research from various areas of the business: analytics, customer insight, internal experts, interviews, and competitor analysis
- Designing and briefing usability testing sessions and, if needed, running sessions
- Leading collaborative design workshops
- Information architecture
- Assist in the creation of user stories to feed into a SCRUM-based agile development team.
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years UX experience
- Passion for designing quality products with a great user experience.
- Mastery of wireframe and prototyping tools
- Experience of conducting UX research to get a deep understanding of customer needs
- Awareness of key psychological principles that inform good design
- You’ll need to work with visual designers, developers, product owners and technical architects to define product experience and champion the user.
- Excellent communication skills – you will need to be able to explain, present, and communicate your ideas clearly to a range of different stakeholders.
- Solid design background
- A portfolio of work that also demonstrates your process
- Experience of working in another Cybersecurity role
What’s Great About Sophos?
- Our people are what makes Sophos special – we demonstrate shared vision, talent, innovation, and creativity, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit.
- Employee-led diversity and inclusion groups that build community within Sophos and provide internal education and advocacy (eg. Sophos Women in Tech group to improve gender parity, encourage gender-balanced leadership, and support career progression at Sophos)
- Sophos Environment Network and employee challenges to contribute to sustainability and reduce our environmental footprint
- Annual commitment to charity and fundraising across our global sites and volunteer days for employees to give back to local communities
- Global trivia competitions to keep our minds sharp
- Global Mental Health days off work for all Sophos to help employees relax and recharge
- Monthly employee wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
- Employee rewards and thanks, such as our free annual subscription to Calm
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.
If you choose to explore an opportunity, and subsequently share your CV or other personal details with Sophos, these details will be held by Sophos for 12 months in accordance with our and used by our recruitment team to contact you regarding this or other relevant opportunites at Sophos. If you would like Sophos to delete or update your details at any time, please follow the steps set out in the describing your individual rights. If you have any questions about Sophos’ data protection practices, please contact email@example.com.
Location: Burlington, MA
Job date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 03:39:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!