Job title: Senior UX Designer (Remote)
Job description: Covetrus is a Fortune 1000 (#593 at this writing) global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We are bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine with more than 5,500 employees serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
This role can be 100% remote.
The Covetrus UX Team is looking for a Senior UX Designer who is a strong and empathetic advocate for our veterinary practice partners and pet owners. You’ll play a critical role in the development of current and future software products by creating satisfying and compelling experiences and eliciting and drawing on results from user research and workflow analysis.
This position focuses on the following product development cycle areas; requirements gathering, user workflows, interface design, information architecture, ongoing user research and testing, measuring the effects of these activities and using these insights to feedback into the process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Iterate through the design process where you will create low-fidelity sketches and wireframes, build interactive prototypes, and deliver high-fidelity designs for responsive applications.
- Conduct user-centered research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Deliver supporting artifacts for multiple digital strategy engagements, including user flows, experience, and customer journey maps, personas, competitive analysis, and heuristic evaluations.
- Recommend and enact improvements to the team’s process, tools, and communications.
- Work with product managers to ensure strategic product roadmaps are successfully executed.
- Participate in and foster a working environment where creativity, innovation, ownership, and teamwork are encouraged and rewarded.
- Provide mentorship to more junior designers
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in design, HCI, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ of related work experience
- Portfolio of work demonstrating UX design skills and processes.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional agile team environment and iterate through the design process.
- Advanced knowledge of design, prototyping, and research tools (Sketch/Figma/XD, Abstract, InVision, usertesting.com, Survey Monkey, Hotjar)
- Exceptional communication, presentation, active listening, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop and articulate design decisions to key stakeholders.
- Strong time-management skills; excellent follow-up skills required.
- Work collaboratively with interdepartmental teams to achieve desired results.
- Strong visual design skills and understanding/knowledge of front-end web development/app development are a plus.
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 07:10:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!