Job title: Senior UX/UI Designer – Contingent Worker-Marketing
Job description: Instructions for Hiring Managers:
Hiring Managers should work directly with the preferred vendor(s) to find qualified contingent workers. The job description and bill rate need to be provided to the preferred vendor(s). For more information on the Contingent Worker process, please see the HR Manager Toolkit/Hiring & Staffing.
Instructions for Vendors:
Vendors should contact hiring managers directly for job descriptions and to refer candidates for consideration. If you referred a candidate selected for the assignment, please click the “Refer a Candidate” button below to upload their resume and provide other required information. This process must be completed before the assignment start date.
Senior UX/UI Designer
About The Role:
The Senior UX/UI Designer (Contract) role will help to move our business forward to create dynamic digital experiences that drives leads across Gallagher digital properties. As part of the Digital Experience team on the Corporate Digital Marketing team, we are like a start-up within a 90+ year old company that continues to expand service offerings globally. We are in the midst of digital transformation, unifying our regions and digital properties on Sitecore and using tools such as Ion Interactive, to create dynamic interactive experiences in a timely manner. Collectively, our team has introduced industry best practices and tools to the organization. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our Corporate Digital Marketing team.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior UX/UI designer who will join our agile team to improve our customers’ digital experience across Gallagher brands (Gallagher, Artex, RPS, GallagherRe and more). Your talent and experience, from rapid prototyping and design, will help evolve our brand to the next level to drive leads and engagement. You’ll work alongside our team that includes content strategy and writers, UX Research, UX Designer, full-stack developers, scrum master, and product owners to continually enhance and improve the customer’s digital experience.
Gallagher is one of the largest insurance, risk management and consulting firms with over 35,000 employees globally. Headquartered in Rolling Meadows, IL, this role is remote to start, and when we return to the offices, will be located in our Chicago office with occasional visits to HQ.
Your portfolio will showcase your talent and experience to evolve brands, build design systems and create compelling digital experiences to drive engagement and leads.
You’re proactive, comfortable managing several concurrent projects, take responsibility and prioritize your work. A self-starter who is comfortable working independently as well as on the project team. You have demonstrated strengths to rapidly prototype – whether a wireframe in Sketch to a design in Photoshop to building high-fidelity, interactive prototypes for user testing within usertesting.com (using Axure or other tools). You can effectively estimate your work and adjust to changing priorities. You’re able to work on multiple projects and balance priorities.
Experience working in a B2B environment, designing component-based content management systems and evolving a brand with a look towards the future of design and user experience. You have some coding skills to design and create interactive experiences with Ion Interactive – from sliders to infographics and other elements for compelling campaign pages.
As part of a global team, you’re flexible to meet via conference call with global stakeholders. You’ll work collaboratively with our corporate digital team, Brand, in-house creative team, development teams and agency partners. You’re comfortable presenting design concepts and receiving feedback from stakeholders, team members and research.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and design creative solutions that align with brand standards yet moves the brand to new visual experiences with user research and business goals on Sitecore.
- Concept ajg.com 2.0 – taking our current designs and components and evolving to the next generation of design and experience keeping accessibility standards (minimum Level AA) and responsive design top of mind.
- Participate in design review process with Digital Experience team reviewing design prior to showcasing with stakeholders
- Transform ambiguous thoughts and ideas into impactful experiences on Sitecore and Ion Interactive
- Collaborate, create and maintain digital design systems that can be shared with internal teams and agencies, designers, and development teams across Gallagher brands using Zeplin, Axure or other tools.
- Review and update service level agreements with stakeholders
- Create low and high-fidelity designs and click-through prototypes for user testing in a timely manner in various viewports including desktop, table and mobile.
- Effectively communicate and present ideas and design rationale with UX/UI best practices to project team and stakeholders. Communicate design justification and receive feedback to modify designs based on feedback, research and insights.
- Advocate for the end user throughout research, design and development.
- Collaborate with the project team, including research, developers, content, brand and product owners throughout design and development process globally.
- Create user flows as requested for new experiences.
- Define UX requirements to guide developers.
- Test designs to meet accessibility guidelines (minimum Level AA)
- Experience working on agile project team
- Stay current with digital trends, tools and best practices
- Experience and comfortable working remotely and with distributed teams across different time zones.
- Digital designer (senior level) with demonstrated UX, UI and digital design experience
- Global design experience – creating digital experiences that are accessible (Level AA minimum) and multi-lingual for B2B for multiple brands
- Demonstrated experience redesigning multi-lingual corporate sites; designing engaging campaign experiences and using research to validate design decisions
- Create designs and low- and high-fidelity prototypes for review in multiple viewports: desktop, tablet, mobile
- Establish and maintain design systems and style guide creation and maintenance for multiple brands
- Basic front-end development skills and bootstrap for Sitecore CMS
- Self-starter and inquisitive in nature; confident in presenting work and user experience issues and concerns
- Able to effectively communicate to multiple stakeholder teams located globally
- Flexible to meet with global stakeholders via conference/video calls
- Ideate on solutions for problems to solve and develop concepts
- Understanding of responsive design and designing for accessibility
- 7+ years’ experience or more with a Bachelor’s degree in art, design, or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Design portfolio that showcases design work for B2B sites and transforming brands (Sitecore a plus) and compelling campaigns
- Experienced with digital concept development from UX and storyboarding, ideation, prototyping, responsive design and creation using multiple tools and testing work
- Expert using Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Axure, Invision (Experience with Ion Interactive a plus)
- Demonstrated experience with creating design systems and style guides; rapid prototyping; building high-fidelity interactive prototypes for research
- Agile team experience and guiding/collaborating with team
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 03:34:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!