Job title: Software Engineer in Test
Company: Software Guidance & Assistance
Job description: Job Description
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Software Engineer for a Contract assignment with one of our premier Financial Services clients in New York, NY.
- Execute Quality Engineering practices and test automation within product squads, including:
- Design and develop automated test scripts that ensure applications meet their functional and non-functional requirements.
- Review and provide constructive feedback on developer unit and integration tests.
- Support the Continuous Delivery vision by designing automation to integrate with build pipelines, and other automated unit, integration and system tests.
- Promote innovation and evolution of quality engineering techniques, test automation technologies and ensure pervasive quality in product development.
- Devise and influence test strategies for mission critical systems and implement comprehensive test coverage for complex changes that may require testing efforts to span across multiple products and squads.
- Drive Agile adoption and find opportunities for gaining efficiencies in testing, thereby reducing end-to-end testing cycle times for mission critical applications.
- Contribute to, and drive the adoption of, software quality best practices while continuously monitoring industry trends.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and operate test automation, continuous integration, continuous testing and continuous deployment (CI/CD) at scale across a portfolio of Agile initiatives to enable faster time to market.
- 3+ years of experience in Agile cross-functional teams and iterative development methodologies, with extensive experience delivering solutions across different technical environments.
- 2+ years of experience in building Selenium test automation using Java and working with automated frameworks and tools.
- 2+ years of experience with test automation for REST APIs using REST Assured.
- 2+ years of RDBMS and SQL experience.
- Experience with testing and automating testing of content management applications using Sitecore and SharePoint.
- Experience with developing and providing constructive feedback on unit tests, integration tests, and system tests.
- Experience with Jenkins and Selenium Grid for continuous testing
- Experience using with Java-related toolsets such as Maven, the Eclipse IDE, and the Spring framework.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships, balance multiple stakeholder interests, and build coalitions.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; highly collaborative working style, strong interpersonal capabilities and relationship building; proven ability to manage diverse client and stakeholder relationships, and to collaborate effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with ability to present ideas in a business and user-friendly language.
- Strong understanding of risk-based test strategy preparation based on all stories and non-functional requirements of mission critical systems.
- Ability to adapt to continually changing priorities and evolving delivery schedules.
- Solid understanding of, and experience in, Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), defining enterprise-wide standards for product quality, establishing and managing KPIs for the Quality in our products.
- Solid comprehension, training and experience in leveraging dynamic test environments, cloud technologies, test data management strategies and test infrastructure design.
SGA is a technology and resource solutions provider driven to stand out. We are a women-owned business. Our mission: to solve big IT problems with a more personal, boutique approach. Each year, we match consultants like you to more than 1,000 engagements. When we say let’s work better together, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse team built on these core values: customer service, employee development, and quality and integrity in everything we do. Be yourself, love what you do and find your passion at work. Please find us at .
EEO Employer: Race, Color, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Religion, National Origin, Disability, Veteran Status, Age, Marital Status, Pregnancy, Genetic Information, or Other Legally Protected Status.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 02:40:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!