Job title: Software Engineer lll, Google Workspace
Job description: Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Raleigh, NC, USA; Durham, NC, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, or 1 year of experience with an advanced degree.
- 2 years of experience with data structures or algorithms.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical fields.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
About the job
Google Cloud’s Collaboration and Communication (C&C) team builds online tools to help consumers and businesses communicate and collaborate more effectively. You get email, video meetings, documents and more – and access to them from anywhere, anytime, on any device. By applying to this role, you could end up on one of our many exciting teams including: Google Workspace products (formerly known as G Suite): Video (Google Meet), Chat, Core Platforms, Security and Compliance, Client Infrastructure for Workspace, or Distributed Systems for Workspace.
In this role, you will develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. You will bring fresh ideas from all areas.
As a Software Engineer lll, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. You will be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
(Colorado only*) Minimum Salary of $142,000 – $153,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation range for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Write product or system development code.
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
- Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on hardware, network, or service operations and quality.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
Expected salary: $142000 – 153000 per year
Job date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 07:58:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!