Job title: Software Engineer, Product Design – MCAD & Visualization
Company: John Deere
Job description: There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Waterloo
Function: Information Technology
Title: Software Engineer, Product Design – MCAD & Visualization – 68058
As a Software Engineer on the PDP MBSE:MCAD & Visualization team, for John Deere’s Global IT Enterprise (Waterloo), you will be responsible for collaborating with other software engineers and analysts to drive configuration, design and development within tools such as Creo Parametric, Creo View and Windchill to meet the requirements and demands of our Product Engineering facilities and Engineers globally. In addition, you will:
- Work as an active member of an Agile delivery team responsible for Planning, Execution/Delivery & Change Management following ITIL & Agile software delivery methodology
- Participate in discussions with the product team, Engineering Manager, and extended PDP Design product teams to identify innovative solutions to satisfy stakeholder requirements
- Design, develop, and test code required to deliver desired functionality & provide technical input on application development-related tasks, standard frameworks, activities, and initiatives
- Participate in a DevOps culture including supporting CI/CD, the development and maintenance of a robust and reliable build pipeline, and appropriate automated testing for product team functionality
- Assist with Quality activities such as code review, paired programming, root cause analysis, debug, and resolution of complex functional issues and lead preventative recurrence initiatives
VISA Sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
Proven Technical Skills and Experiences
- 4 or more years of experience in the design, development, testing and integration of high complex software solutions in Java development (Windchill), Java or C toolkit (Creo Parametric) or Java/Java web toolkit/WebGL (Creo View) or .NET (Open Assembly)
- 4 or more years of understanding of applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
- 2 or more years of proven experience in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- 1 or more years of deep experience leveraging DevSecOps and lean development principles such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- 1 or more years of working understanding of full-stack design patterns and designing loosely coupled architectures
- 2 or more years of experience working with Test Driven Development and Unit Test Frameworks
Interpersonal, Leadership and Teaming Competencies
- Capable of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solution
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Proven experience as working in a team environment
- Appetite for continuous learning and willingness/dedication to develop deep technical skills needed to further develop, transform, and modernize MCAD & Visualization products, processes, and solutions
What Makes You Stand Out
- Understanding of the current Windchill technology stack and Creo integrations
- Knowledge of systems integration and API (i.e. SOAP& REST services)
- Experience with Cloud technologies (AWS or Azure)
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience in a related career field
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Location: Iowa – Moline, IL
Job date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 06:44:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!