Job title: Software Engineer Team Lead
Company: Software Guidance & Assistance
Job description: Job Description
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an Software Engineer Team Leadfor a FULL TIME assignment with one of our premier Financialclients in Greensboro or Raleigh, NC.
The Software Engineer IV develops, implements, and maintains software solutions that enable business operations to realize company goals & objectives. The incumbent performs analysis, design, coding, debugging, testing, and support of the most complex and/or larger impact software application systems. May be assigned to develop new applications/systems, enhance/upgrade existing systems or provide production support. He/she provides mentoring and guidance to less experienced peers, has authority to assign work tasks and review work products of lower level peers. The incumbent assists the department manager/director in developing processes and standards.
Essential RESPONSIBILITIES and ACCOUNTABILITIES * Partners with Agile Program Manager (APM), Digital Product Manager (DPM), and Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to accurately capture stakeholder requests and system specifications and translate them into engineering artifacts, which typically include design specifications, source code, test scripts and test results.
- Consults with enterprise architects to ensure that the engineering realization is in accordance with Enterprise Architecture principles and software development best practices.
- As part of Agile teams, completes complex software development work involving creative application of design, coding and debugging methods and techniques. Keeps Agile team and APM updated on product status.
- Coordinates schedules and timelines with testers to ensure that all software components are tested adequately. Proactively collaborates with testers to develop action plans and solutions to address scheduling issues that arise.
- Utilizes high level software development expertise to provide guidance to stakeholders on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve project and program objectives.
- Manages engineering risks by proactively tracking and communicating issues, devising methods to mitigate them and collaborating with involved parties to implement solutions.
- Leads architecture and design discussion. Interface with other project and program areas to coordinate interdependencies and resolve issues.
- Provides input to APM/DPM in creation of Product Roadmap, High Level Estimates
- Supports business units in the resolution of in-depth user questions and issues.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technology and software engineering standards & practices.
Knowledge & Skills: * Expert level knowledge of theoretical and practical application of highly specialized software engineering best practices methods and techniques.
- Extensive experience in developing software applications on the assigned software platform or technology
- Extensive knowledge of source code change management and related tools.
- Knowledge and experience using Agile software development principles, process and tools.
- Advanced knowledge of Integrated Software Development Environments (IDE) relevant to assigned technology.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills in order to provide end user/business owner systems support.
Required Technical Skills: * Experience in Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Data JPA, and Spring REST.
- Experience in Angular, TypeScript, and React.js.
- Experience in domain-driven design and 12 Factor App in cloud native application development.
- Experience with large data processing and performance tuning working with DB2 and SQL server.
- Experience configuring and working with CI/CD pipelines.
Desired Technical Skills: * Docker/Kubernetes experience.
- Cloud computing experience with any of the PAAS providers.
- Understanding of serverless computing.
SGA is a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at .
Location: Greensboro, NC
Job date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 01:07:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!