Job title: Software Engineering Manager, B2B
Job description: We’re looking for a Engineering Manager to help the growing Hopper B2B team build a new best-of-breed travel portal to help millions of customers travel better.
Join an amazing engineering team within a world-class company that’s redefining how people travel. As Engineering Manager, you will be directly responsible for building and empowering a team that excels at continuously designing and delivering features that delight our customers.
In this role, you’ll be leading, growing, and managing a team of full-stack engineers and working with product, design, and data science peers to elaborate, prioritize and implement large scale projects in an Agile environment. You will be expected to listen to your peers and team, to observe the data and continuously improve the team’s performance and well-being.
- Experience building, leading, and managing a diverse team of talented engineers
- Recent hands-on experience coding and reviewing code, designing systems and APIs
- Deployed systems that offer highly available in-app experiences at scale
- Successfully championed documentation and testing practices to promote system growth and reliability
- Maintained engineering integrity while delivering user value at a high pace
- Experience developing B2B products in growth stages
- Demonstrated contributions to hiring, onboarding, and performance management processes
- Backend experience with Scala, large scale cloud architectures, Kubernetes
- Web experience with React and Typescript
Lead new architecture and implementation for customer-facing products and experiences
Collaborate with team members across disciplines to define an inspiring product vision focused on our customers
Work hands-on alongside a talented team of software engineers to rapidly deliver clean, fast, and scalable solutions
Collaborate with leadership to develop a culture promoting technical excellence
Manage performance and growth of a diverse team of engineers
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has seen its since early 2020, reflecting the strength of our mobile-only marketplace and the value customers are deriving from our proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate our recent growth:
– Hopper’s valuation is now over $3.5B, reflecting the strength of its mobile-only marketplace and value customers are deriving from the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
– Based on its current run rate, Hopper is pacing towards 330% revenue growth compared to last year, and it has already surpassed its pre-pandemic revenue peak from Q1 2020 by over 100%.
– Hopper has over 60 million downloads, consistently ranks as one of the most downloaded travel apps, and now has a larger air travel market share in North America than it did before the pandemic (source: MIDT).
– The company is on track to surpass $1.5 billion in travel sales this year, with 40% coming from the hotel and car rental categories.
– Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent 50% of its revenue.
– Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called , where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel fintech.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 23:17:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!