Job title: South Kelso Community Organizer WS
Company: Cowlitz County Habitat for Humanity
Job description: Reports To
Neighborhood Resource Coordination Council (NRCC) Coordinator
To engage South Kelso residents through outreach and promotion of the NRCC. To raise awareness of the organization in the community. To organize residents around issues they are passionate about for community driven outcomes. To coordinate and promote neighborhood support groups to enhance community health. To support the mission of NRCC and assist in its activities.
We are looking for a flexible and driven leader who wants to work with a committed team of neighborhood members and board members. This position requires a focused individual who can tackle many projects, personalities and schedules in order to support the needs of the South Kelso community.
- Speak with, educate and empower South Kelso residents, business owners and other community members about NRCC, its programs and opportunities for involvement.
- Lead volunteers in outreach including but not limited to one-to-one conversations and community members.
- Work with other the Highlands Community Organizer to create ongoing education opportunities for the community around the issues they care about and to empower them towards action. This includes workshops, hands on experiences, and other learning opportunities.
- To ensure the engagement of decision makers in conversations and community planning around issues that affect South Kelso neighborhood.
- Report findings and opportunities for engagement to the overall NRCC.
- Experience in community organizing and community leadership development.
- Commitment to social justice issues
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work both in teams and alone
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills. Including the ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Be a resident of the South Kelso neighborhood.
- Experience in facilitating meetings, trainings and focus groups.
- Verbal and written Spanish language skills.
- Work collaboratively with organizations providing technical assistance to the effort.
- Belief in community organizing as a means to improve community development.
Location: Kelso, WA
Job date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 08:21:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!