Job title: Special Events- Weddings Coordinator
Company: Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
Job description: Dolce is now seeking a Special Events- Weddings Coordinator to join our team at the Dolce Seaview location in Galloway, New Jersey.
The Wedding/Special Events Coordinator is responsible for handling all wedding and select social events that fit into the category of a “special event”. This position will be the direct contact for these functions and will be responsible for overseeing all key steps in guest satisfaction, including, but not limited to bookings, room block coordination, confirmations, special guest needs, dining, gift bags, deposits, and final payment.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+-year experience in events or related field strongly preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 15 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to work most weekends.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Assist Sales Managers in planning wedding receptions and special events
- Plan and organize semi-annual wedding tasting events
- Learn and master Amadeus- Advanced Delphi (FDC)
- Maintaining Special Events writing information.
- Provide property tours as necessary.
- Communicate with the front desk staff.
- Review/revise scheduling on a daily basis according to business demands.
- Communicate weekly event details during Managers Meeting
- Constantly keep departments informed of changes relating to events
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Dolce Seaview, 401 South New York Road, Galloway, New Jersey 08205
Employment Status: Full-time
Location: Galloway, OH – New Jersey
Job date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 08:46:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!