Job title: Speech/Lang Pathologist PRN
Job description: LOC_ROBERTS-Roberts Ctr Pediatric Research Req ID: 74741
Employment Status: Regular – Part Time
Provides evaluation and treatment of speech, language and oral motor function to an assigned group of patients. Provides consultation to medical, allied health, and education personnel. Provides education and instruction to patients, families/significant caregivers, health care professionals, students, and the community.
- Independently evaluates patients with known or suspected communication disorders (including speech, language, and oral motor dysfunction) using both non-standardized and standardized evaluation tools. Records evaluation findings according to Departmental and Hospital procedures. Refers patients to medical and educational services, when appropriate. Seeks support from more senior staff, when needed.
- Develops an individual therapy plan for each assigned patient which includes goals of treatment. Updates goals and records patient progress according to Departmental and Hospital procedures. Seeks support from more senior staff, when needed.
- Presents and defends evaluation findings, progress and recommendations to patients, families/significant caregivers, and health care professionals. Instructs family members and caregivers in home therapy programs. Consults with health care and educational staff to promote the patients’ communication skills.
- Participates in Departmental or program-based functions (i.e., staff meetings, Departmental continuing education activities, work group meetings/committees, Quality Improvement projects, and equipment/supplies maintenance and ordering).
- Teaches within the Department, Hospital, professional community, and non-professional community. Provides consultative services outside of the Hospital setting.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
CCP/SLP or eligable (3 mos)
Required Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Completion of Clinical Fellowship in pediatric medical-based setting preferred
Additional Technical Requirements
- High level of analytical skill in order to work independently to identify and plan for the resolution of problems encountered in clinical and research duties.
- High level of skill in various assessment procedures pertaining to speech and language skills in the pediatric population.
- Fundamental research skills including a general understanding of research methodology, design, and statistics.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 05:09:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!