Job title: Sr. Business Analyst
Company: Octo Consulting Group
Job description: You…
As a Sr. Business Analyst at Octo, you will support the Department of Veterans Affairs. The qualified candidate will have experience with supporting business, functional, and technical activities. They will have experience working with customers, users and project leads in analyzing, designing, implementing and supporting IT business applications and systems. The Sr. Business Analyst must have experience in gathering requirements, testing functionality and matching to those requirements and they will possess familiarity with IT system development and understanding of IT risk management. They will effectively understand project data to create overall assessment while considering functional benefits, technical performance, risks, and schedule concerns. They will be able to identify trends and errors, and be able to review data and have strong report writing skills.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
Support a federal government client on operations, maintenance, monitoring of their networks and systems that are deployed across the United States. This is a distributed environment and will involve support for new technologies and solutions.
Skills & Requirements
- In partnership with the scrum teams on user story sizing and acceptance criteria definition, facilitate the definition of minimal viable product, and leads continuous refinement and prioritization of the product backlog.
- Supporting and leading user needs analysis, scope definition and systems analysis across varied and complex IT projects.
- Providing consultation on concurrent projects and serves as a specialist in most phases of systems analysis. Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Delivering high-quality requirements specifications in specified formats that enable ease-of-use for the intended audience/cross functional team members.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions. Performing requirements analysis.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements. Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users. Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management. Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Performing user acceptance testing if needed.
- Supporting Project Manager with managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
- Must at least 5 years relevant Analyst experience required, preferably in a government or federal organization.
- Must have intermediate experience with MS Office including MS Project, SharePoint.
- Experience leveraging data and metrics to help drive decision making
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills and demonstrable team building skills.
- Customer service centered attitude and ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team
- Demonstrates attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact professionally and productively with senior government officials
- Experience working within Agile environment and/or using Lean concepts
Years of Experience: Must have at least 5 years relevant Analyst experience required, preferably in a government or federal organization. Must have intermediate experience with MS Office including MS Project, SharePoint.
Education: Bachelors degree in technical or business discipline required (eight years’ additional relevant experience may be substituted for degree).
Location: Remote within U.S.
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Job date: Sat, 21 May 2022 23:36:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!