Job title: Sr Civil Structural Engineer
Job description: Sr Civil Structural Engineer – Pittsburgh, PA area
This position is with a highly successful, ethical and highly experienced independent Engineering and Contractors Company to the Glass Industry. Some of the reasons this company has been so successful is because they have a customer focused, entrepreneurial mindset and are willing to look for unique solutions for the client.
Why Work Here?
This is a leading world-wide engineering contractor company that would be a good cultural fit for an engineer with an entrepreneurial spirit who likes to work on very large projects. This is a very stable company and the company ownership is committed to growth. The company is flexible and is willing to look for unique solutions to find the best way to help their clients.
- High ethical values. The team is effective, and the company is profitable. There is a lot of variety in your work.
- This company does big projects. There is not a lot of bureaucracy and decisions are made quickly.
- Paid relocation. Competitive salary and a solid benefit package.
- Medical Coverage for the employee, spouse and all qualified dependents age 26 and below.
- Comprehensive benefit package also includes vacation, paid sick days, paid holidays, short-term and long-term disability, Term Life Insurance; 100% continuing education reimbursement; and a generous 401K.
Your role with the Company:
The Senior Civil and Structural Engineer will be responsible for design and development of steel and concrete components and structures, specifications, breakouts, bills of materials, scopes of work and drawings for all aspects of glass manufacturing facilities and processes. The Senior Civil and Structural Engineer will develop and integrate design processes and best practices and be accountable for achieving cost, schedule and productivity metrics of the Civil and Structural Team.
What you will be doing:
- Perform civil and structural engineering tasks including design of steel and concrete structures to support glass batching, melting, forming, annealing and handling processes.
- Provide engineering and installation cost estimates
- Analyze and select steel and structural components
- Coordinate the preparation of studies, reports, designs, specifications, bills of material, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working/construction drawings
- Work cross functionally within a project team environment, interfacing with and guiding the efforts of junior engineers and other design team members
- Manage discipline activities to be on schedule, within budget and to meet all quality requirements
- Maintain civil and structural component specifications and drawing standards
- Develop approved vendor and material lists for each civil and structural component
- Provide activity reports as required to Engineering Manager
- Manage the review of all civil and structural bids for specification and bill of material compliance prior to final order placement
- Manage final project completion organization of as-built drawings, vendor manuals and drawings and documentation for both client delivery and internal archives
- Provide proper documentation and engineering support during construction, commissioning and start-up activities
- Work and communicate with other Engineering Discipline Leaders to accurately and efficiently complete projects
- Plan and coordinate equipment inspections and factory acceptance tests prior to shipment to project site
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural and/or Civil Engineering; PE is a plus.
- Expertise in steel layout and detail design knowledge in glass, energy, power, steel or other heavy industries.
- 15 plus years hands-on civil/structural experience in heavy industry.
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from concept to implementation and work concurrent projects.
- Ability to direct designers
- Willing to travel up to 20-30% if necessary.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 23:24:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!