Job title: Sr. Developer, Application Development
Job description: Description :
The Senior Developer works closely within an Agile team comprising of developers, QA and Product Owner to deliver business capabilities. The Senior Developer will be required to interact with other teams such as release management engineers, infrastructure engineers and architects to implement programmatic solutions for Elevate’s software platforms. The Sr. Developer takes an active leadership role in all phases of the software development lifecycle, employing the latest technologies and development best practices, and supporting the team in releasing software to production.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 7 years experience in application development on the Microsoft Platform, including .NET Framework and .NET Core.
- Experience implementing web services utilizing REST and JSON.
- Solid background in coding and design best practices, unit testing and test-driven development.
- Aptitude for researching and troubleshooting root cause system issues.
- Takes ownership of decisions, actions, problems, and solutions.
- Accuracy and thoroughness in the implementation of project specifications and design requirements.
- Desired: Experience with Angular, Azure DevOps and familiarity with Agile development processes.
- Desired: Experience with serverless application development (such as Azure Functions).
- Desired: Knowledge of financial systems.
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as TFS and Git).
- Fluent with Office 365 applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Assist the leader, scrum master and product owners with roadmap planning and estimation.
- Partner with architects to maintain and drive technical product roadmap.
- Guide the team to estimate feature development stories and establish consensus on deliverable commitments. Ensure team accountability to meet those commitments.
- Lead and mentor other developers in technology, best practices through pair programming.
- Pairing with QA to review test cases and help with functional tests.
- Demonstrates refined written and verbal communication skills, fosters open communications, listens effectively, and builds strong partnership networks that result in consistent forward momentum; has excellent negotiation skills with an ability to orchestrate change through influence.
- Highly experienced at solving complex challenges in a directed, methodical, cost-effective, and data-driven manner and has the ability to analyze the current issue to envision creative solutions.
- Takes initiative to complete critical tasks, especially in team settings with dependencies on other people.
- Works effectively in the face of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations, and shifting priorities all while championing the long-term architectural view.
- Steps outside of “comfort zone” to tackle new issues/challenges in an aggressive manner, demonstrates the ability to leverage self-directed learning opportunities, and is comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Challenges the status quo to generate new ideas; is open to challenges and implements unique solutions to solve them; focuses on the best outcome for the company, rather than on ego.
- Collaborates and openly seeks and shares information across teams and departments.
- Has established experience in his or her technical field and continually augments experience and skills with the latest research results and techniques.
- Demonstrates a bold commitment to the total alignment of actions, words, and professional beliefs.
Location: Addison, TX
Job date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 00:50:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!