Job title: Sr Financial Analyst
Company: Ameriprise Financial
Job description: Job Description
- Conduct business performance analysis, incorporate trend analysis to assess business implications.
- Focus on analyzing and managing data to support business decisions. May be expected to be the SME/owner of typical data sources.
- Able to readily access data required to complete ad hoc requests and support information requests.
- Independently create, maintain and modify models used in forecasting, planning and decision support.
Full-Time / Part-Time
About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals – we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you’re motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Experience in building relationships that influence and establish credibility across an organization- to business partners, A&R, other finance areas, etc.
Line of Business
- Create routine reporting by driving variance analysis – focus on providing business context. Assist in developing commentary around business results. Perform independent analysis using multiple data sources to derive root cause and track benefits of past.
- Develop, enhance and run forecasting/planning/profitability models and perform variance analysis.
- Independently develop simple to complex models to forecast the future implication of business decisions. Independently perform postmortem analysis of impact of past business decisions. Coherently review forecasts and analyses with management. Review CBAs (Cost Benefit Analysis) and identify issues to be resolved prior to approval.
- May provide coaching and tactical training to Associate Financial Analyst or trainees/interns.
- Bachelors degree in finance or a quantitative field (or equivalent).
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Previous experience in financial or analytical role.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to complete financial modeling tasks and financial analysis using spreadsheets and/or other tools.
- Experience applying accounting and financial concepts to interpret and solve business problems.
- Able to create outputs that support decisions.
- Effective communication skills, with ability to verbally present findings to management.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of finance, accounting and analytical skills.
Job Family Group
Location: Minneapolis, MN – Boston, MA
Job date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 05:06:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!