Job title: Sr. Program Manager
Job description: Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
We are seeking a Sr. Program Manager to join the Consumer Entertainment Group based in San Francisco, to help bring the next generation of spectacular audio and video experiences to market. You will use your business and technical acumen to ensure that programs are efficiently executed to meet the strategic market needs and opportunities. You will drive complex programs from initiation to delivery, and leverage your project planning, schedule management, influencing, and communication skills to successfully complete the programs within their scope, schedule, cost, and quality parameters.
- Closely collaborate with the Strategic Accounts team to establish an industry strategy and derive goals and create a plan that the team can execute to.
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure alignment of goals, timelines, expectations, and resolve any issues and/or escalations.
- Manage and revise OKRs as needed.
- Ensure effective teamwork and communication internally and externally with key partners to achieve the business objectives.
- Provide timely program status updates to senior management and recommend potential corrective actions as needed.
- Drive product development programs according to Dolby’s Product Lifecycle Management process.
- Anticipate problems and build risk mitigation plans and communicate issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that Dolby’s process methodologies, templates, and tools are properly applied to all programs.
- Collaborate and share best practices with fellow program managers.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in driving software and hardware product development programs from inception to end of life, as a project and/or program manager.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment requiring adaptability and collaboration with a wide range of key stakeholders.
- Able to effectively navigate the organizations formal/informal structures to build relationships in order to effectively partner and get things done through influence, without formal authority.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to operate at a high-level and dive deep with probing questions when needed.
- Proven ability to persuade and present across the organization, from individual contributors to senior executives, across business units and functions.
- Superb knowledge and demonstrable skillful application of program and project management practices, tools, and processes as they apply to product development.
- Deep practical experience with risk analysis, conflict resolution and meeting facilitation.
- Excellent organizer who takes the initiative and can work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment, as well as lead the team towards a common goal/initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or similar scheduling tool, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 06:37:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!