Job title: Sr UX Researcher, Project Larkin
Job description: DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a Sr. UX Researcher for rare Amazon start-up focused on an emerging digital retail category. This role has strategic significance and high exposure, requiring deep functional expertise in research, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to hit the ground running. We are seeking a talented, creative, and customer-obsessed researcher who will have big ownership within our growing centralize research team.
You will be responsible for solving complex problems, laying foundational insights to accelerate the entire team in delivering a high-quality bar for our customers. You will be responsible for helping shape and execute research strategy, working closely with cross functional partners to understand the largest challenges and opportunities in this new space.
Your strength is triangulating data and translating business questions into cohesive research plans with consideration for various approaches, mixed-methods, and necessary rigor. You have applied experience in a range of qualitative and quantitative methods, including but not limited to contextual inquiry, interviews, survey design, usability testing, concept testing, RITE studies, and participatory design.
What you bring:
You geek out over user research, psychology, ethnography and have applied expertise across a range of methods and best practices. You are a curious researcher with strong observational and analytical skills. You are able to operate independently while navigating ambiguity, and delivering high-quality outputs.
About the team
We’re making something new and strive to make it a delight for customers. Our team is committed to an empathetic, inclusive environment where we can safely learn and improve so each of us can be our full selves.
- 7+ years proven success leading UX research projects with demonstrated impact.
- A strong portfolio that illustrates past work experience and how your research informed decision-making, ideally in the digital products and services industry.
- 5+ years of experience managing all stages of research design and execution (study design, moderation, analysis, reporting).
- 5+ years of experience with research methods including: field, evaluative, exploratory and generative research, focus groups, survey design, and data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, related discipline, or commensurate experience.
- Fluency in the latest research methods and industry best practices.
- Broad knowledge of research methodologies and the proven ability to execute the right methodology to get the needed result.
- Ability to proactively lead complex research and synthesize needs and opportunities into valuable insights that deliver customer-obsessed results.
- Excellent written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience working in a fast paced software development environment within a highly entrepreneurial organization.
- Masters and/or PhD in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, or related discipline.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Seattle, WA
Job date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 01:36:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!