Job title: STAFF TAX ACCOUNTANT I – INCOME TAX
Company: Hard Rock Cafe
Job description: Overview
The Tax Accountant – will assist the Income Tax Manager in all areas of corporate tax compliance and provision functions related to federal, state, local and international tax. In addition, this individual will assist in other special projects as required. Qualified candidate will have a desire for personal, departmental, and organizational growth.
- Prepare federal, state, local, franchise, and foreign income tax return workpapers
- Prepare analysis of book to tax differences, tax return working papers, investigate material discrepancies between year-end tax accounting and tax returns
- Deliver timely analysis and response to matters identified by the Tax Manager on consolidated or separate tax returns
- Assist with tax research on specific federal and state income tax issues
- Keep up to date on relevant U.S. tax compliance legal and procedural developments
- Revises procedures by developing and streamlining procedures and worksheets for calculation of tax provisions.
- Assist with federal, state, and local estimated tax payments and extensions
- Support other tax compliance and projects, as required
- Assist in federal and state income tax audits, gathering necessary information in response to IDRs as needed
- Prepare accurate and timely tax accounting submissions
- Prepares/assists with U.S. and foreign tax provision schedules
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax reporting packages and entries for various entities
- Prepare analysis to “true up” income tax returns with year-end tax accounting entries
- Complete supporting documentation in compliance of SOX procedures
- Strong tax technical skills
- Working knowledge of US GAAP financial reporting, deferred tax accounting, valuation allowances, etc.
- Strong computer technical skills – MS Excel
- Inquisitive and curious about the business and drive for results
- Highly disciplined and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective collaboration skills to work successfully in a team environment
- Ability to work and act independently demonstrating the ability to be proactive & successfully resolve issues with minimal assistance
- Must have ability to interface with other departments within the organization in order gather information in a manner that professionally represents the department
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Operate ethically to protect the image of Hard Rock
- 2+ years of experience with corporate or partnership income tax compliance or ASC740 experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Tax
- CPA Preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Employment with Hard Rock International requires the successful completion of the pre-employment process; to include a satisfactory background check.
Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL – SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Location: Davie, FL
Job date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 05:07:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!