Job title: Strings and Orchestra Teacher
Company: Pekin Public Schools District 108
Job description: PEKIN PUBLIC SCHOOLS DISTRICT 108 ANNOUNCES THE FOLLOWING VACANCY FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR AND THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
K-8 Strings and Orchestra Teacher
- Illinois Professional Educator’s License with K-8 Music Endorsement or Instrumental Music Endorsement preferred
- Such alernatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
- Those interested in part-time work are welcome to apply
VISION: The teacher creates a positive learning environment to facilitate the intellectual, personal and social development of all students. In order to respond to the individual needs and abilities of students, the teacher works collaboratively with all educators. The teacher uses data to determine priorities, monitor progress and assess instruction and student achievement. The teacher helps recruits new students for the Strings program and conducts concerts, community performances and contests.
JOB GOALS: * Students will perform Orchestral repertoire and learn the skills they need to strive as a young musician.
- An environment of excellence will be established and students will experience the satisfaction of accomplishment
- The program will promote and support the bond between parent and children
- Instruction will take place in small groups, private lessons and large group settings to enhance sight reading and to prepare for concerts.
- Planning and Preparation
- Demonstrates knowledge of content and pedagogy
- Demonstrates knowledge of students and plans instruction for individual students’ needs
- Sets instructional outcomes as goals that can been assessed
- Demonstrates knowledge of resources
- Designs coherent instruction and differentiates with appropriate resources, groups and structure
- Designs student assessments that are aligned with the instructional outcomes
- The Classroom Environment
- Creates an environment of respect and rapport
- Establishes a culture for learning
- Manages classroom procedures
- Manages student behavior by setting clear standards of conduct
- Establishes a safe classroom that ensures the learning of all students
- Communication with students is appropriate and expectations for the learning of content are clearly communicated
- Uses questions that reflect high expectations
- Engages students in their learning
- Uses assessment to guide instruction
- Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness and makes adjustment as needed to instruction
- Professional Responsibilities
- Uses reflection to improve instruction
- Maintains accurate records
- Communicates with families frequently and tries to engage families in the instructional program
- Participates in professional organizations and is involved in school and district events
- Actively pursues professional development opportunities
- Displays a high level of ethics and professionalism in dealing with students and colleagues
- Adheres to district sick leave and personal leave policies and is punctual to job assignments and meetings
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Terms of Employment
Non-standard or Atypical Work Day per Contract
180 Day Bargaining Unit Position
Benefits Commensurate with Contract
District 108 must have the following documentation on file to complete the application process:
- A completed online application:
- Letter of interest
- Copy of Professional Educator License (from your ELIS account)
- Copy of transcript(s)
- Three(3) signed letters of recommendation
Required documents will preferably be uploaded with your online application, or may be sent via Fax or mail.
Director of Human Resources
Attention: Application Process
501 Washington Street
Pekin, Illinois 61554
For direct questions, please contact:
Julie Draher @ 309-477-4740 or by email @ email@example.com
DO NOT SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO INDIVIDUAL SCHOOLS
Please be reminded, all non-tenure teachers are expected to successfully complete the district’s four  year T.I.P.S. [Teacher Induction:Professional Success] induction/mentoring program to attain District 108 tenure status.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by the school site or the Human Resources Office to confirm date and time for an initial team interview. Position to be filled as soon as suitable applicant is confirmed.
District 108 is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Location: Pekin, IL
Job date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 00:43:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!