Job title: STUDENT ENGINEER – CHEMICAL ENGINEERING/PILOT PLANT
Company: Southwest Research Institute
Job description: Who We Are:
Fuels and Energy Development Section works in pilot plant services and process development of new first-of-their-kind processes.
Objectives of this Role:
- Will be hands-on with process development and process testing for chemical and petroleum processes to generate client data
- Internship for a Local year-round student
- Participate in process design for safety and operating protocols on pilot units
- Lead operations and setup analytical testing for process development
- Compile analytical and process data to prepare concise, timely and descriptive reports.
- Interact with functional groups within SwRI to ensure project success; includes operators, analyst, engineers, and management
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Data pattern recognition from pilot plant, run data spreadsheets, work with mass balances, control charts, etc.
- Equipment quoting, sizing, and cost estimation. Work with sample identification, labeling, inventory and work order generation
- Quickly learn refinery or chemical process, such as fluidized bed related technology, hydrotreating, roller processes, and packed bed systems
- Put together relevant information for mass balance closure in spreadsheet or summary report
- Data processing in spreadsheets and help the screen format and layout of the process control software interface, including software such as LabVIEW/Lookout direct, DeltaV, Allen Bradley RS Logix
- Data extraction and analysis from process control software
- Work with heavy oil/coal/biomass/gas/coke/polymer/specialty chemical/bulk chemical samples, classification and labelling
- Monitoring data during run operations
- Hands-on work during pilot plant turnaround and operation weeks
- Will require some shift work
- Must be pursuing a BS with a 3.00 GPA in Chemical Engineering
- Shift work required
- 2 years: Intro to Chemical Engineering, elementary principles of chemical process or equivalent, Thermo I, Transport Phenom, Applied Engineering and Analysis, Intro to programing for Engineers
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident due to ITAR work in section.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the home page.
For information about SwRI’s benefits, please review our .
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 08:01:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!