Job title: Summer 2021 Chemical Process Engineering Co-op
Company: Therma-Tru Doors
Job description: Therma-Tru is the #1 Fiberglass Door Manufacturer and Fypon is the brand name leader in urethane millwork. We offer innovative designs and products to consumers and unique career opportunities to our associates.
As a Chemical Process Engineering Co-op, you will work with experts in chemical process engineering from raw material to finished product. The position will work with multiple departments and processes to drive continuous improvement. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and apply Material Science, Problem Solving, and Six Sigma techniques, work on cross-functional teams, learn a multitude of manufacturing processes, and expand one’s engineering knowledge in a hands-on manufacturing environment.
- Process & product development, standardization, optimization, and innovation
- Learn and apply key chemical processing tools
- Chemical system safety & hazard assessments
- Apply key product/process development tools including APQP, D & PFMEA
- Develop standard work and visual aids
- Plant simulation & equipment design
- Statistical Data collection & analysis
- Chemical system analysis
- Root Cause Analysis, and problem solving
- May perform other duties as assigned
A successful Industrial Engineering Co-Op / Intern will meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program focusing on Chemical Engineering or a related field
- Strong Microsoft Office software knowledge (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to collect and manipulate data in Excel and Minitab
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment
- Self-directed and motivated for completion of projects
- Be able to schedule and complete projects from start to finish
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable transportation
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Health, Safety, and Environmental
The Manufacturing/Process Engineering Co-op/Intern must act as a safety champion in the Butler Manufacturing Operations. The Co-op/Intern must drive safety improvements daily through the following actions:
- Develop process improvements with a “safety first” attitude
- Immediately address any potential safety issues with the appropriate personnel
- Review and evaluate ergonomic and safety concerns and risks for active projects
Physical Demands: Physical demands of performing the duties of this job include, but are not limited to, occasionally lifting/handling up to
Non-Physical Demands: Self-directed and motivated for completion of projects, able to schedule and complete projects from start to finish, time management, multi-tasking, working closely with others as a team.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the associate works around mechanical hazards, noise and or vibration on a daily basis. Extreme temperatures, wetness / humidity and being outdoors are seasonally in nature.
Education and Experience: Sophomore-Senior level, currently enrolled in an undergraduate program focusing on Mechanical or Industrial engineering related field
Computer Skills: Computer literate.
Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 01:25:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!